Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding 'unsynced' photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic I have 641 photos showing  in 'All Photos'

But only 638 showing in 'All Synced Photos' (I sync to LRCC)

How do I filter to see which photos these are that are not synced.

I know there are 'Sync symbols' in the top right the photo image but that would require searching all images, what if you had say 45,000, which is where I will be when I get this going.

The software knows there is a difference of three, but I cannot find a way to 'simply' show me the three images.

Half a hour on chat with Adobe and no answer except scrolling through all images looking for 'sync symbols' which to me is unworkable with a large number of photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

In Lightroom Classic I have 641 photos showing  in 'All Photos'. But only 638 showing in 'All Synced Photos' (I sync to LRCC). How do I filter to see which photos these are that are not synced.

Here's a method that doesn't involve flags: 

1. In the Catalog panel on the left, click All Synced Photographs.

2. Do Edit > Select All.

3. In the Catalog panel, click All Photographs.

4. Do Photo > Stacking > Expand All Stacks.

4. Do Edit > Invert Selection.  The unsynced photos are now selected.

5. Add the se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look in your Preferences dialog- on the [Lightroom Sync]  Tab.

You will see a list of "Activity" that may show you the photos not synced.

I assume you have ALL the 641 photos in a Standard Collection, because you can only Sync photos from a Standard Collection.

I have something "Pending" in my "Sync Activity" that I do not understand!!!

ScreenShot052.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wobertc, Already looked there and nothing is pending or outstanding.

It may be that these three photos are not due to be synced as I don't believe one has to sync all photos.

I just want to find which photos they are that aren't synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select all images in All Synced Photographs in Classic, clear any existing flags and then click on P to flag them all. Wait for those 638 changes to sync to LRCC (which shouldn't take very long). Then in LRCC, click on All Photos, click on the Filter icon, click on the "unflagged" icon. That should leave you with the 3 photos which have not synced, and you can start trying to figure out why they haven't synced. Are they videos, perhaps? Or can you find them by a filename search in LR Classic? I've recently come across an issue where a whole pile of videos HAD synced down from LRCC to Classic, but the individual sync badge was not on, and they were not included in the All Synced Photographs numbers, but were in All Photos in LRCC. First job is trying to isolate them, then start trying to figure out why the numbers differ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, So I've found one which was a video, but just one.

Is that a bug that videos don't sync properly ?

For the other two, if I use the flags option I'll loose all the flagging I've done to hide rubbish photos.

I could use colours perhaps ?

Not used colours before.

Seems a bit long winded to do a search like this as it will result in all the photos being synced twice in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john15973  wrote

Seems a bit long winded to do a search like this as it will result in all the photos being synced twice in the process.

BTW, the photos won't sync twice, only the metadata change gets synced the second time, that should take just a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this 'isn't needed'

If the two figures are different as they are in this case then one needs to know why.

As I understand it not all photos are synced, only the ones chosen in synced collections.

Therefore is it not a useful thing to be able to find photos that are not synced in order to add them to a synced collection if needed in LRCC

or am I missing something here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on videos being a bug, but it quite often is implicated in syncing errors, so maybe it is.

Yes it is long-winded, simply because this issue isn't supposed to be needed. Colour labels won't work either as they don't sync, same with keywords (which is why I suggested flags). What about star ratings, do you use those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I was talking about. The issue here is finding the 3 specific photos that LRCC says are synced, but LR Classic doesn't. Because that isn't supposed to happen (at least it was my understanding that the numbers should be the same), I guess no thought has yet been given into a simple mechanism for doing that, hence the "long-winded" methods I've been suggesting.

But if you feel there's a need for a different search (i.e. show me all photos in my catalog that aren't set to sync), why not put in a feature request over at the official Adobe feedback site? BTW, images don't have to be in a synced collection in order to be synced....you can simply add them to the All Synced Photographs collection, and they will then sync and appear in the All Photos album in LRCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic I have 641 photos showing  in 'All Photos'. But only 638 showing in 'All Synced Photos' (I sync to LRCC). How do I filter to see which photos these are that are not synced.

Here's a method that doesn't involve flags: 

1. In the Catalog panel on the left, click All Synced Photographs.

2. Do Edit > Select All.

3. In the Catalog panel, click All Photographs.

4. Do Photo > Stacking > Expand All Stacks.

4. Do Edit > Invert Selection.  The unsynced photos are now selected.

5. Add the selected photos to the Quick Collection or do Library > New Collection to create a new collection containing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess it would help if I read the original question correctly! I had read it as LRCC's All Photos showed 641, and LR Classic's ASP showed only 638, i.e. I was trying to address a mis-match between LRCC and LR Classic, hence the flag suggestion. Apologies to the OP for the confusion.

Yes, your solution is the obvious one, though to be honest with only 641 images in the catalog it probably would have taken no time at all to simply eyeball the grid to find the three non-synced images. But for larger catalogs, for sure that method works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johnrellis, Just the ticket

Kicking myself now I didn't work that out - very logical.

(Just getting used to the software)

Out of the missing three, one was a Video (thank you Jim)

One I eyeballed on the grid view, by chance.

the third was found using John's method.

Currently testing with just 641, but want to be sure I know enough how the software works before importing about 20,000 photos.

Thanks for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kicking myself now I didn't work that out - very logical.

Searching within LR has a logic, but it's not always obvious, unfortunately. So no need to kick yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - fixed my issue, a few 000 sync'd immediately and 22 videos removed 

now I have to find out how stacking works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I am still finding myself in the dreaded sync mismatch problem. All my photos and videos are in the Adobe Cloud. I just added Lightroom Classic and turned on the syncing. It has completed with:

All Photos: 59853

All Synced Photos: 57653

The difference of 2200 files are all video, so I understand that difference, but I also have:

Syncing 3 photos (in upper left hand corner), and

Preferences > Lightroom Sync shows 24 pending (but they never complete)

I can't widen the Sync Activity and the Asset Path/Link is so long I can't read the Sync Details/Errors

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnrellis - Spot On fellow! - being new to LR I struggled with this too trying to scan vissually for the synch icon in the corner of the grid (of course missing stacked photos in the process) and anything else I could think of.  Why synch isn't a filter that could easily be selected in search is beyond me.  Wish I had found your post before I started would have saved hours of effort for something that took a mere min to do - isn't that the way in Lightroom. BIG THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines