• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 - Can't export AND can't use plug in- Help needed

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Have been using Lightroom 6 for 2 years - no problems.  Set up on my laptop with all files on my laptop hardrive - plenty of space.

Today I have had major issues  and Lightroom is all but unusable - panicking. 

Today I updated Lightroom to the latest version and updated the Nik Collection - since then all hell has been let loose

(1) When I try to edit to a Plug In program (e.g. Adobe Elements) - I get the message

(2) When I try to export a file I get the message

I am at my wits end.  I have uninstalled the Nik Collection and reinstalled my photo library to no avail.  I haven't changed any settings on my files so writing to the folder shouldn't be a problem. 

Can any one help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

I might be getting 'out of my depth' here- not being a system expert, but will try to break down your reply-

have 2 drives in my laptop - a c drive (1tb) where my photos have sat happily for years - until today and a much smaller SSD used to boo(t) the laptop up

Normally a laptop will boot from the C: drive- so what is the drive name of the SSD?  D:, E:, F:, ? And where are the Windows system files located?

If your photos "sat happily for years" then something has changed to prevent access to them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so writing to the folder shouldn't be a problem.

It can be a problem if the folder does not have full Read/Write permissions, (a frequent problem in Mac computers when system updates occur) or sufficient 'empty' hard-disk space.

Similar forum questions may give clues to an answer-

Lightroom 5.3 export error "no rendered photo exists on disk"

error message Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at/volumes/etc..

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is something in this as I have tried to save to smaller ssd drive in my laptop (Windows 10).

Do you (or anyone) know which folder needs the read write checking on it - I've been going through and changing some but am getting confused between Users / System / admin - it's only me who users the blooming thing  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meant to exporting to SSD was successful but isn't a practical solution as its too small in size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Edit-In  Photoshop Elements" would normally first create a pixel file (JPG TIFF etc) derivative in the same folder as the Original image (PJK2759.NEF).  So check this folder on the C:drive has 'full' permissions, and the Drive (the SSD?) has sufficient empty space (minimum 20% of Drive size).

The "Export" error would only appear by using the Export dialog, and you would set a Destination in the top-most panel [Export Location]- Check this for the "Export To:" Folder destination.

ScreenShot053.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 drives in my laptop - a c drive (1tb) where my photos have sat happily for years - until today and a much smaller SSD used to boo the laptop up - Lightroom will not export anything to the C drive but does seem happy to export to the SSD

A specimen folder that I'm having problems with has the following permissions

It appears to be fully accessable.  I have just opened up a file in Picasa and that has had no problem saving - I am at a loss...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be getting 'out of my depth' here- not being a system expert, but will try to break down your reply-

have 2 drives in my laptop - a c drive (1tb) where my photos have sat happily for years - until today and a much smaller SSD used to boo(t) the laptop up

Normally a laptop will boot from the C: drive- so what is the drive name of the SSD?  D:, E:, F:, ? And where are the Windows system files located?

If your photos "sat happily for years" then something has changed to prevent access to them by Lightroom.

- Lightroom will not export anything to the C drive but does seem happy to export to the SSD

Then there is a problem here with permissions!

Your screen-clip shows your identity has permissions (which might allow the Picasa 'saves'), but the checks are greyed out, and Lightroom is more critical about having full permissions.

My 'secondary' E: drive in my laptop ( the DVD is D:) shows Permissions for "Everyone" as in my clip-

ScreenShot054.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - It seems to have been eventually solved.

Solution - Windows 10

I optimised the C drive

I went in and created an "everyone" user in the "pictures" folder on the C drive.  I then set the permission to "Full Control".

Couple of full system reboots later and everything seems to be working fine once again

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines