Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop payment

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I thought, after one year to pay the Photoshop rates, 19,99$ for month, it would remain in my availability for ever.

But now i received a renewal notice email saying my annual membership will renew automatically on 3 February 2018.

Was it a my misunderstanding ?

I have to keep the payment to use the app ?

Can you please clarify it ?

Thanks

Pier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Bad news and good news Pier.  The bad news is that yes, you have to pay an ongoing subscription to keep using Photoshop, as does everyone else.  The good news is that you  only need to pay $10 a month for the Photography plan, and that includes Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news and good news Pier.  The bad news is that yes, you have to pay an ongoing subscription to keep using Photoshop, as does everyone else.  The good news is that you  only need to pay $10 a month for the Photography plan, and that includes Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is a subscription exactly like the Microsoft and other program. Basically if you want to be up to date you need to continue it.

Go on line and choose the one you like.

Diffrent prices to diffrent planes.

Adobe Creative Cloud | Software and services for creative professionals

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10$ for the Creative Cloud Photography plan, it is much better than pay 20$ for only have Photoshop and nothing else.

I do not see the point to offers two option, when one is much better than other. 

I see only annual plans for one year use or temporary uses,  there isn't the option to buy the app once for ever.

Did I miss to find it or Adobe doesn't offer this ?

Thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They discontinued permanent licenses for Photoshop CS6 in Jan 2017. Photoshop Elements is the only permanent license product they have.

Creative Cloud, their subscription program started in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is meant by “subscription”. If you were paying over a year to keep the product it would be called “instalments”. Reading the small print is very important.

If you stop paying you still have your PSD files on your local disk. Files in Adobe’s cloud may be deleted after a few months.  The software stops running and you cannot open files except by Subscribing again. 

The $20 plan has little point, the $10 plan is a special bargain. There is also a $30 plan which still renews but can be cancelled at any time, so you could take for 1-2 months to complete work then cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The $20 plan is a strange thing, but every app in Creative Cloud has a $20 plan. The $10 plan is a special for photographers only. Maybe it's just tidy to keep the $20 plan.

When Photoshop was last sold it was $600. That's 5 years at $10/month But in those 5 years you would have needed to upgrade several times. The subscription includes upgrades, so it's cheaper except for people who want to freeze on old risky software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines