• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change fonts in PS

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real problem. I use Photoshop every day for work. I am unable to change the fonts in PS. It glitching to the top of the list, or if I get it scroll down to the font I want, when I click it simply reverts back to the old font. I have tried changing the preferences to show 0 in the font history. I have tried using both the top drop down and the panel to choose the fonts. This is a big issue for me. Please let me know if there is a known error or a fix I can use.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic suites forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to rule out the most likely causes, even though it probably isn't any of these:

Do you have the Type tool?

Is the text that you want to change highlighted?

Are you on the right layer, and is it a Type layer?

If you click with the Type tool and then start to type, does it come in with the typeface you selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are sure that you have the font that used in the file?!

If you haven't the font installed on you computer when you go to edit your text it will revert to Myriad pro Automatically.

In photoshop you should have the font used in your design to edit it in this font. If not try to use another font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear evamary33,

I recently had the same problem. In my case the solution was quite simple, once I found out the problem: some of the characters used in the Text, were not included in the fonts I choosed, hence could not be displayed correctly. Instead of just not displaying these characters missing in the font, PS simply decided not to display the whole text and jumped back to the last working font, that had these characters in the set.

Is this the same like your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your machine there can be fonts synchronized with Typekit, purchased fonts and fonts downloaded for free ... for fonts downloaded for free (very beautiful and that I have also installed) you have to rely on secure and reliable typeface websites,

You should not install corrupt fonts that tilt the system and you should not have, for example, the same font installed manually and synchronized with Typekit at the same time.

From the Creative Cloud app, you try to uninstall and reinstall Ps ... see if the problem resolves.

Another way to choose the type of font and a simple click on the font name at the top and you see the name highlighted in blue ... down arrow or up arrow to change type ... press enter to select.

2018-01-13.png

Regars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the same issue and it was because I had added KERNING to one or more of the spaces in between. Once I deleted these I was able to change the font again. Other issue that could cause it might be missing characters in the font to be changed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines