• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several Master Pages and Automatical Text Flow Problems

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys! my problem feels kind of basic, but i couldn't find any solution to it yet.

i made different master pages, and i created already the pages where my text should be placed. as soon as i'm pasting my text into the first textframe on page 2, indesign does not let the text flow through the pages that i created. instead, it just creates new pages with master e applied, until all text is used. how can i have an automatical text flow through pages that have different masters applied?

thanks!

first photo shows how i prepared it, second what happened after cmd+v the text

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-13 um 13.13.12.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-13 um 13.18.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get flowing text to flow though different master pages you'll need to use Primary Text Frames. Do a search for primary text frames if you don't know how they work.

When you set up your document check Primary Text Frame, when you do that each page will get a Primary text frame linked to the A Master:

Screen Shot 11.png

Screen Shot 12.png

Duplicate the A Master and resize the margins and Primary Text frames for the new master as needed

Screen Shot 13.png

Pace your text into the first Primary Text frame

Screen Shot 14.png

Now you can drag and drop the alternate B-Master onto the pages as needed and the primary frames will be update:

Screen Shot 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lisa,

you didn't tell the version of your InDesign.
What Rob was showing is working with InDesign CS6 and above.

In CS6 the "primary text frame" functionality was reworked.

https://indesignsecrets.com/indesign-basics-primary-text-frames.php

Before CS6 it was the "master text frame" functionality, that was working a bit differently and it's use was not recommended:

https://indesignsecrets.com/master-text-frame-whats-the-point.php

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines