• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to create shape around font, like in the image attached

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not sure what this procedure is actually called, but the difference between just a regular stroke around this text is that most of the outer layer is not around the text.  It's more of a arced rectangular shape but has adjustments to fit the fonts outer-lying shape.  I.e the K in the logo.  Can anyone help?

https://img02.deviantart.net/dd49/i/2015/306/5/e/lego_logo_large_by_raukhaul_au-d9f9agw.png

https://fontmeme.com/images/backwoods-logo-font.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried addind what want you want usinf layer style effects?  You can gang up on effect these days perhape adding several strokes effects can do it. can do it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid, that will not work as a layer-style. You will have to draw the "arced rectangular" with the pen tool.... Best way to do this is to use Illustrator. You can then place the Text in PS an add layer-effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doable with Photoshop though. 

Make your type layer and transform it

Convert it to a shape layer from the type menu

Copy it.

Select any of the shape tools to give you the fill and stroke options

Give the upper a layer a white stroke, and lower layer a black stroke.  The black stroke obviously has to be thicker.

If it is not working right off the bat, click on the Line dropdown > More Options > Change settings to Outside and corners to Miter

Job done.

Noooow I'm going to bed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure that this logo was created in Illustrator and not in Photoshop, you should move this question in the Ai section and of course if you have Ai.

in Ai you have a text tool that allows you to edit individual letters after using the arc text distortion ... in Ps you should type the letters separately in order to modify the "K" for example.

to get the same path in Ps you should duplicate the text layer 3 times (once placed the whole word with the "K" resized) ... change the color of the second level below to white and resize ... same for the third level below changing to black and resize.

this logo, however, is vector graphics.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines