• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a problem with the duration

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not English, I'm Italian so I can't speak English very well. I have a problem with the duration of my file audio. For example I have a file audio of 2:20 minutes. When I import it on the time line it lasts 2 minutes! Why it happens?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

If you are creating an animation to go to video you should use ActionScript 3, and not HTML 5 Canvas. Even if you're doing an animation to play back in a mobile browser, it's still a good idea to make the animation as ActionScript 3, then convert it after you have used Stream sync to get the timing right.

Adobe Animate wants sounds to be 44.1 KHz and 16 bit. If you are using 48 KHz it could cause the sound to be the wrong duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does all of the audio play or does it end early?

if it ends early, is your sound's sync property (check the property panel) set to event or stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's set to event. And I can't set it to streaming...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you play it from the library and time it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I must use: Action Script 3, Stream, 44 khz and 16 bit? And I will not

have any problem with the audio?

Il 13 gen 2018 15:02, "kglad" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> ha scritto:

I have a problem with the duration created by kglad

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/kglad> in Adobe Animate CC - General - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10100933#10100933>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, you don't have to use actionscript.  and yes, you should use sounds that are compatible with animate (11,22 or 44 sample rate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advantage of ActionScript is that you can use Stream sync, which will make it a lot easier to animate in time with the sound. Once you have good timing you can convert it to HTML5 Canvas, with Event sync, and hopefully the timing will stay the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timing will almost certainly not stay the same in HTML. If he needs to maintain sync, he must use AS3, or hackish solutions that skip the timeline ahead to keep it in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the animation isn't too complex it may keep up. The hackish solutions are most likely what AS3 is doing anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating an animation to go to video you should use ActionScript 3, and not HTML 5 Canvas. Even if you're doing an animation to play back in a mobile browser, it's still a good idea to make the animation as ActionScript 3, then convert it after you have used Stream sync to get the timing right.

Adobe Animate wants sounds to be 44.1 KHz and 16 bit. If you are using 48 KHz it could cause the sound to be the wrong duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines