• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not apply the workspace because the disk is not available.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Photoshop is not saving my workspace preferences as I close files.  I am using a Mac version 10.12.6.  I can save files, but as I close the files afterward I get this error. 

I am the administrator and I have gone through and changed/checked that the rights to my various folders are set to read/write, but I am still getting this error.  I bought a backup drive and have saved files to it as well and still get this error upon closing files.

As well I am getting the error "Could not save preferences because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file".

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

I do not use a mac.  It sound to me thought is may a permissions problem. Check the folders permission settings for all users inclunding administrators. What other application would be locking the file you are trying to write.  They are a Phototoshop's version user files.  Do you have more then one copy of the same Photosho version running. Is that posible on a Mac it is not on a windows machine.

Does closing a file write anything to the file.   I would think it close would just free up resources

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not use a mac.  It sound to me thought is may a permissions problem. Check the folders permission settings for all users inclunding administrators. What other application would be locking the file you are trying to write.  They are a Phototoshop's version user files.  Do you have more then one copy of the same Photosho version running. Is that posible on a Mac it is not on a windows machine.

Does closing a file write anything to the file.   I would think it close would just free up resources and unlock the backing file if locked.  Photoshop is not a file editor it edits dicuments and a document may have a backing file if opened from a file or a file has beem saved.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines