• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snapping toggle hotkey needed

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I draw with the line tool, I very often want to snap one end of the line to a previously drawn line but not snap the other end. If I have snapping on the whole time, the end-point of my line often snaps to the wrong part of my drawing. If I have it off, I'll have to go back after I draw all the lines and stitch end points back together with the move tool. The best I can do currently is turn snapping on and zoom in close to my art all the time so I don't accidentally snap to everything else I've drawn.

Another time I need to switch frequently between snapping on and off, is when I relocate the end-points of lines while fine-tuning part of a drawing.

If the Move/Arrow tool and Line tool had a key on the keyboard that would turn snapping on while it was pressed, and off while it was unpressed, it would be so useful and speed up my work greatly.

Does a hotkey like this exist?

If not, can I get Adobe to implement this feature?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

these are the easily definable snapping hot keys.  more complex combinations (like it seems you want) are doable with jsfl.

Screenshot - 1_13_2018 , 10_15_05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are the easily definable snapping hot keys.  more complex combinations (like it seems you want) are doable with jsfl.

Screenshot - 1_13_2018 , 10_15_05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines