• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps 2018 Brush Lag [Surface Pro 4]

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset all my preferences. Just the other day I was painting on Photoshop just fine. Today it's really laggy, the stroke doesn't follow my pen (Microsoft surface pen),

instead, I'm drawing (with the brush tool) and nothing it showing up until I release the pen, then it shows all my strokes. I have smoothing set to 0 and everything else is default. I use the Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Please help, I have my digital painting class next week and need to figure this out soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the image size?

What is the brush size and spacing?  A very large brush with minimal spacing (5%) puts more load on your computer.

Do you have other applications running?

How long as Photoshop been open?  It might need its cache purging

Do you have sufficient space for Scratch files? Check the root of your primary Scratch drive for orphaned Photoshop temp files.  They can be many Gb in size, and sometimes get left behind clogging up the drive.  Anything that does not have today's date can be deleted.

We'll try and attract some SP4 users to the thread so you know what to expect in terms of performance

JJMack​Chuck Uebele​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I figured it out. Not photoshops problem, it was my pen running low on charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines