• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave files using Windows Vista and Reader 10.0

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a large document for a week in Adobe Reader 10.0. I saved regularly to the original filename. I then closed the file and Adobe removed it (and another document open with it) immediately from the recent document list. I can see large files in the temp folder which clearly represent saved versions of these files. There is nothing in the Autosave folder under users/appdata/local/adobe/10.0. There was no autosave set by me, indeed, since I was saving regularly. Where is the default autosave and how can I get this crucial file, worth more than a week of constant work, back? The file was sent to me in a zip file and I stored it on an external hard drive, which I was saving back to, since it was very large. The file appears not to have been overwritten at all still bearing its original creation date - and yet Reader never prompted me for any 'save as' route and consistently appeared to save the file as I asked it to.

If this is an Adobe fault, it is a very serious one and the company should fix it now. The changes were annotations. There must be a way to open or view the temp files' content. Can any Adobe staff reading this please advise how I can access the data in the temp files, since this appears the only data saved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update - I found the Autosave feature was indeed enabled as default - yet the Autosave file is empty. I was offered NO recovery document after closing and re-opening and thus I need to open the temp files. PLEASE  let me know how this is done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: Vista and Reader X are unsupported. Adobe will not fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader writes Acr*.tmp files contains information in progress. These are not auto save files Nor anything to recover from. They are deleted on a normal close, suggesting you actually experienced a crash.

Since you say you saved, possibly it was saving but to a different folder. Repeat the test and check this out. After “save” use Ctrl+D to see the file location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A tip: before starting my suggested test, duplicate the PDF under a new name AND USE THE NEW COPY TO TEST so that you don’t accidentally overwrite your one good save somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines