• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download a trial version of InDesign CS3?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using InDesign CS2 on my Mac 10.6.8. I have a new Mac but haven't had time to set it up yet and to get updated with CS CC.

My problem is I need to close a file urgently and the printer requires the PDF be generated from InDesign CS3 or higher.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a trial version of ID CS3 so that I can close this one file? Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

On the system you have I can see one of two ways to go. I just looked on eBay and saw somebody selling an old copy of CS3 for $50 and swear that they have tested it and it works. You should know that the servers that confirm the serial numbers for CS3 have been shut down but it is possible that the copy they are offering comes with a serial number that will work locally—for $50 it might be worth the risk. The other way to go is to get a subscription now to Creative Cloud (which it sounds like yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be easier and safer to setup your new Mac and download InDesign CC2017/2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trials are for testing the current version prior to purchase, not for completing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the system you have I can see one of two ways to go. I just looked on eBay and saw somebody selling an old copy of CS3 for $50 and swear that they have tested it and it works. You should know that the servers that confirm the serial numbers for CS3 have been shut down but it is possible that the copy they are offering comes with a serial number that will work locally—for $50 it might be worth the risk. The other way to go is to get a subscription now to Creative Cloud (which it sounds like you were ultimately intending anyway). Once you begin your subscription you will be able to download any versions of the Adobe programs from CS6 on. As it happens CS6 is compatible with your Mac 10.6.8 so it would solve your current problem. Once you are ready to set up your new mac you are all ready to go since a subscription to Creative Cloud allows you to install on two computers (and you can always deactivate the copy on your old computer anytime you want). I think the second way to go may be the better way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, Bill, and thank you for researching eBay and suggesting the two options! I had no idea CS6 would work on my old 10.6.8 system. Definitely option 2 is the solution. Problem solved.

Again, many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cariocapri  wrote

… I had no idea CS6 would work on my old 10.6.8 system. …

Even the first incarnation of InDesign CC—that's version 9.3.0—is working with OS X 10.6.8.

Best,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines