slow preview after effects cc 2k15

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

i'm having trouble with after effects cc 2015

example:

when I add a text it takes a while to appear in the preview or when I try to drag an image in the preview but it takes a while to update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge your cache — Edit>Purge>All Memory & Disk Cache

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015 is a dog.  Either roll back to 2014 or update to 2018.  Although if you work alot with text you might want to update only to 2017.  They broke the character panel in 2018 and have yet to fix it.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but in the 2014 version there is no way to use the audio as we used it in Vegas or the 2018 version. We need to use the pre render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

henriques90232563  wrote

but in the 2014 version there is no way to use the audio as we used it in Vegas or the 2018 version. We need to use the pre render.

Maybe something is being lost in translation but that makes no sense to me.  I want to say use both versions: do whatever you can't do with audio in 2014 in 2015.  render it to an audio file then bring it into a stabler version of AE and do you visuals.   It's hard to say without actually knowing what you're trying to do.  It sounds a little bizarre to hear the reason you're using 2015 is because you're doing something with audio that can ONLY be done in AE 2015.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi HenriqueS,

Are you still having trouble with this? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines