• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect problem

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated a website for the first time that my other designer created in the past, no longer working for me.

I have updated 3 documents that are links in the footer, just done what the previous designer did in the past.

Error message I'm getting is

"Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author."

Then

"JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: Muse.Utils.makeButtonsVisibleAfterSettingMinWidth is not a function"

I have read the help section at the top of the forum "Some files on the server maybe missing...". Uploaded the page again and it hasnt worked.

I have only uploaded one page (About-us) in Business Catalyst as a trial but daren't upload all of the other pages in case the same happens on the whole site. The About-page I have uploaded has been done in Muse 2018. All other pages were done in a year ago in Muse 2015 probably. Could this be the issue?

I have uploaded the files in Assets on Business Catalyst, so I know the files are on the server.

Website page in question is About Us | Happy Days Club & Nursery School

When clicking on the links at the bottom, Policies, Prospectus, Terms Dates and Fees, it come up with this message for Policies

Firefox can't find the file at http://www.happydaysnursery.net/assets/policies-and-procedures-nov-2017-(3).doc.

Also the links I have updated at the bottom have moved and are in the wrong position

Tearing my hair out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

If your designer no longer works for you, as you stated in your first post, it would be a good idea to hire somebody, who really understands his job, and is able to fix these issues.

The „holiday-club.html“ doesn’t help in any way. It is – well – an HTML file, not the reduced .muse file, which is mentioned in the link, I posted above.

„Slideshows are not working …“ ok. This could mean presumably 100 different things.

"Uploading to Businesscatalyst hasn’t solved the problem“ Ok. Which problem exactl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, we have no chance to fix this without having a look at the file.

With every sentence, you name us new issues:

• „Missing Files“ alert, JavaScrip error, „I have uploaded the files …" (You? Why you? Muse does this automatically.)

The site is a quite simple non-responsive site, so I think, you should get aquatinted to Muse and learn it, before „messing up“ the complete site.

Your Firefox issue may be caused by some characters in the file name, which shouldn’t be there: „)“ and „(„ and: This linked file is empty!

You could try this: Reduce the site to only one typical page, save it under a new name and share this .muse file with us, using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar service.  Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggest by reducing the site to one typical page. Where do I dropbox or send it to share?

Interestingly, I took off the links I updated with newer files and it still comes up with missing files cant find on the server.

I also opened up the Muse files created in 2016 where it worked okay but in Muse 2018, made new HTML files (havent got the old ones) and re-uploaded the about us page, still getting this error. Which suggests it's Muse 2018 or Business Catalyst File Manager.

I have been learning Muse, making the changes has been easy, its just making it live is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo lernt the wrong thing. Uploading is easy too! Normally you won’t have a problem.

You say „… re-uploaded the about us page …“ Perhaps this is one of the issues. How on earth did you manage to "re-upload the about us page"? M use doesn’t offer a way to upload single files. You can’t upload single pages/files, which you think, they should be uploaded! Uploading is the job of Muse. Let Muse decide, what it wants to upload.

If you want to give us a sample file, please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved HTML files from Muse, then in Business Catalyst where its hosted, uploaded the About us page, thought that was the best way, I'll look at uploading the other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely wrong!

If you use Muse, let Muse do the complete(!) job. Don’t upload single files. Many files are related and connected and depend on each other. Of course a site won’t work, if you do it the way, you have done it. Use Muse’s menu commands – either menu „File/Upload to FTP host …“ or „File/Publish to Businesscatalyst …“, if you are using this service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a link to Dropbox for one .muse page from the website.

Dropbox - holiday-club.html

I have uploaded the whole site through Muse by choosing File > Publish to Business Catalyst and this hasn't solved the problem. I also uploaded by File > Upload to FTP Host, this too did not work. But before I did this I changed the file names they they didn't involve anything that shouldn't be there, no spaces, special characters, lower case. Then relinked them on every master page. I have triple checked and all of the newly named files are on the sites Business Catalyst Server.

The Slideshows are not working either but so I'm not sure if this is linked to the original problem or is a separate issue, which I can post about on another thread if its a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your designer no longer works for you, as you stated in your first post, it would be a good idea to hire somebody, who really understands his job, and is able to fix these issues.

The „holiday-club.html“ doesn’t help in any way. It is – well – an HTML file, not the reduced .muse file, which is mentioned in the link, I posted above.

„Slideshows are not working …“ ok. This could mean presumably 100 different things.

"Uploading to Businesscatalyst hasn’t solved the problem“ Ok. Which problem exactly are you talking here? And why didn’t you give us the link to this Businesscatalyst site, to have a look at?

Don’t think, there is a way – for me at least –, to continue this discussion. I assume, that you never ever worked with Muse and are not really aware, what you are doing. So, every answer provokes more new questions than solutions.

Perhaps somebody else will chime in here. Wish you luck …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

Please once check with this URL :- https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/files-on-server-missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn‘t the problem, avichals75048895. The thread opener tries to update his site by simply copying single files — for example „about-us.html“ onto the server. This can‘t work and necessarily ends up in a „missing files“ alert and javascript errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with one page. Create a new site with that page and master page associate with it then try to upload and check whether working or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines