• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EYE DROPPER NOT WORKING

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running CC 2018, my eye dropper doesn't pick up anything anymore.

It used to work fine, now if i select an object and then select my dropper and click on a fill to copy nothing happens.

Anyone know the reason or better yet, a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what you are trying to copy from?

What is happening step by step? Is no color picked up? Or do you just see a different color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I select the object i want to change

2) Select eye dropper

3) click on another object who's fill i want to copy

4) Nothing happens.

*if i do it with type it randomly picks colors if nothing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other object is a vector object and it is not grouped (this might be an issue with version CC2018)?

If you want to copy from inside a group, press Shift while clicking

Also:

check the eye dropper settings: double click the tool if it is set up to copy /paste anything

sometimes applications might just get stuck, try a restart (of the computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i figured out the grouping issue a while ago. you cant select from groups. Why is that a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rick+heywood  schrieb

Why is that a problem?

Only people marked as "staff" might perhaps be able to answer most of the questions that start with "Why" ... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the options are all checked?Are you sure the options are all checked?

Ekran Resmi 2018-01-14 11.35.43.png

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i can get this window ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit "enter/return" with the eydropper tool selected. Most Illustrator tools have additonal options like this, accessible by hitting "enter/return" with the given tool selected. Great for precise rotations with the rotate tool or setting paramters with the blob brush tool, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

So I was just having the same issue and i know this post is from months ago, but this might be helpful.

The eyedropper tool has fundamentally changed to give us many copy/paste options to change many properties of objects.  The new tool in the same toolset is called the "Color Theme Tool" which is specifically for color.  It allows you to sample an object and choose any color associated with it, like the fill, stroke, etc.  Then you choose the desired color and go to the object you want to apply it to and it gives you options as to how to apply the color.  This is a new tool for me but once I figured it out, I actually like it better than the original eyedropper tool.

I hope this helps!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having similar issue with eye dropper not pickup up colors from shapes or embedded images. Turning OFF  Transparency and Overprint (under Focal Fill) in Eyedropper Options allowed me to at least select all colors again. Must be a bug..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks heaps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great! I found that when I was trying to eyedrop darker shades, the colour would still be black and it would not change. But this worked perfectly and eyedropped the darker shades perfectly now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning OFF Transparency and Overprint solved the issue.  Thanks - been frustrated with this for quite a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, This hasn't solved my problems with the eyedropper. It is virtually a useless tool for me now and I use to use it a lot to speed up productivity. 😞 sad face

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And your problem is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Above, @Monika Gause The eye dropper tool rarely ever works. On the odd occasion it does work, there is no explanation as to why. I've deduced it is a bug. And it's incredibly annoying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@siobhan74  schrieb:

As Above, @Monika Gause The eye dropper tool rarely ever works. On the odd occasion it does work, there is no explanation as to why. I've deduced it is a bug. And it's incredibly annoying! 

Please share an example file and tell us exactly what is not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure after selecting EYE DROPER to select Option " Point Sample" from "SAMPLE SIZE" (on top left in the screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is referring to Illustrator, not Photoshop. I recommend removing your reply should any new user be confused by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines