• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded border

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I draw a rounded border? When I searched for solutions, a lot were about how to draw rounded rectangles or rounded corners but I want to insert a rounded border. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Sorry, but I misunderstood what you are looking for. Try this:

1. Open picture file. This will be the background layer.
  2. Access the Rounded rectangle tool. It is nested in a slot in the shape selection tool - press U a couple of times to get to it.
  3. Set the radius to 60-80, and drag out the rectangle. This will generate a new layer. Shut off the visibility of this layer by clicking on its eye icon in the layers palette.
  4. Press CTRL+left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name) to make the shape active.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Shape Selection tool (Keyboard short-cut U).

There are many shapes, e.g. Crescent Moon, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. There are all sorts of fancy shapes but none that is a rounded border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I misunderstood what you are looking for. Try this:

1. Open picture file. This will be the background layer.
  2. Access the Rounded rectangle tool. It is nested in a slot in the shape selection tool - press U a couple of times to get to it.
  3. Set the radius to 60-80, and drag out the rectangle. This will generate a new layer. Shut off the visibility of this layer by clicking on its eye icon in the layers palette.
  4. Press CTRL+left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name) to make the shape active. You should see "marching ants."
  5. Open a blank layer at the top.
  6. Go to Edit>Stroke(outline) selection. Make stroke 4-5 px, place it inside.
  7. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants.

rounded.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Select the Rounded Rectangle tool. Set Radius (size of rounded corner) to a large value (in this example I used 80 px).

2.  Draw out rectangle, creating a new layer. Ctrl-click the layer to select just the shape and delete the layer (for purposes of the example I just turned off its visibility).

3.  Create a new blank layer and Edit>Stroke. I used a value of 50 px. Location Inside gave the best result; Center and Outside gave corners that were not quite well rounded.

round rectangle border.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I do not think you have finished your sentence? Step no 3.... I selected Edit>Stroke and there there another rounded rectangle but what then??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcdon47  wrote

Thank you but I do not think you have finished your sentence? Step no 3.... I selected Edit>Stroke and there there another rounded rectangle but what then??

I should have mentioned to enter the stroke size (width of the border).
Hatstead did in his instructions (same as my instructions).

Let us know if you have success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines