• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto corrections faded out (Auto contrast, tone, color) all appear to have a white screen

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my auto corrections seem to have a faded out layer instead of adjusting like they used to. I don't know what happened or how to undo it. I have searched internet and also here, and cannot seem to find an answer. I have Photoshop CC latest versions all up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit your Photoshop preferences Performance and uncheck User graphic Processor and restart Photoshop. See it that helps your Display Device driver may need to be updated,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that did not solve the problem. It still does a white screen when any of those auto corrections are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a before and after screenshot - including the layers panel

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Here you go..

before.jpgafter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was auto contrast. Auto tone and Auto color all look the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong - can you include a screenshot of your layers panel just "before "

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 10.33.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Well I was hoping to see something unusual in your layers blend modes etc that might have accounted for the issue. But with a single background layer there is nothing to see.

I'm afraid you may have to try a preference reset. The preference files are saved each time Photoshop closes (they store more than just those settings in the Preferences dialogue) and if corrupt all kinds of strange behaviour can occur.

Go to Preferences > General and click reset preferences on quit. Then restart Photoshop. Note - this will restore preferences to defaults and often resolves strange behaviour in Photoshop.

You will though have to go through afterwards and restore any personal settings such as rulers, scratch disks etc to your personal preferences.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I don't mind resetting, but I do have one worry, will it wipe out all my actions and presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it anyhow and that solved the problem!! (didn't wipe out actions either) Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I had to pop out and didn't see you last question. As you found out, your actions will be retained.

Glad you got it sorted.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines