• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri, seeing as you have raised the subject, how is it even remotely viable that after  so many American celebrities and politicians have been sacked or forced to resign over claims of  sexual harassment, and yet Trump, who bragged about his own blatant contemptible behavior with women, is still the President of the United States?  I can see that the GOP wants to hang on to power at any cost, but at what point does their ever decreasing credibility make their position no longer tenable? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd share this news piece about Senator Patrick Leahy who is an avid Batman fan, who has gone as far as to cameo in a few  of the movies.

Batman aficionado Sen. Patrick Leahy divides time between Capitol Hill and Gotham City | The Japan T...

I'll leave you to go through the story as to what kind of villain he thinks Trump would play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful Gene, it looks as if someone here has had a sense of humour bye-pass and is censoring via the moderation console and we all know how controversial Batman is. Sad about Al Franken though. I still like him, really he did nothing more than play out a Benny Hill sketch. Offensive maybe, career destroying certainly not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ended up in the origininal Photoshop thread, where it made zero sense. So I'm copying it back into context:

Whatever Terri said, the post should be reinstated and the mod in question be made to see the error of his ways. This is not the way to do it. Speak up and reply to the post if it offends you, but don't simply remove it.

I have a lot of things to say about Donald Trump, but my command of the English language isn't good enough. For that matter, my command of Norwegian isn't good enough either - I'd need a whole new language, not yet invented, one that makes a mockery of all accepted rules. Like the man himself.

The great Hunter S. Thompson, god bless his twisted soul, could probably do it. After all, he got away with calling Richard Nixon a nazi in so many words - that was before Watergate - but he did it in such a viciously elegant way that it just left everybody stunned. It needed to be said, and everybody realized it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Careful Gene, it looks as if someone here has had a sense of humour bye-pass and is censoring via the moderation console and we all know how controversial Batman is. Sad about Al Franken though. I still like him, really he did nothing more than play out a Benny Hill sketch. Offensive maybe, career destroying certainly not!

LOL, there is considerably irony in that Terri, as just about everyone involved in this thread has mod rights, so can see the rejected content.  But I guess we should be careful.

I see that Al Franken has also questioned why Trump is still in the Oval Office when he (Al) is resigning.  I've enjoyed his hard questioning of Trump's picks for various positions, and thought him a man of integrity, so it was disappointing to discover he was guilty of such disrespectful behaviour in the groping picture.  You also have to wonder at a person's judgment when they allow themselves to be photographed when behaving badly.

Likening his groping incident to a Benny Hill sketch is interesting.  I believe Benny Hill was bigger in the USA than in the UK, but his ladies were willing participants and in on the joke.  When Ged started posting here I gave him a heads up on some of the forum regulars, and I told him not to mess with Terri because she'd tear him up for loo roll (the usual wording is a bit more crass).  So if you'd been 'that lady' and had opened your eyes to find Al Franken being 'a lad', I strongly suspect you'd have kicked him in the nuts, and said 'Sorry Al.  That was my Tourettes playing up. Feck! Feck!'. 

But Al Franken is not the one robbing America and its people of all credibility.  Trump may have the lowest approval rating of any President (if I am reading the reports correctly) but that leaves about a hundred million Americans who are apparently not appalled by his behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Ged started posting here I gave him a heads up on some of the forum regulars, and I told him not to mess with Terri because she'd tear him up for loo roll (the usual wording is a bit more crass).  So if you'd been 'that lady' and had opened your eyes to find Al Franken being 'a lad', I strongly suspect you'd have kicked him in the nuts, and said 'Sorry Al.  That was my Tourettes playing up. Feck! Feck!'. 

You make me sound like a real 'ballbreaker' Mr Dennis, with friends like you who needs enemies It made my hubby laugh though and you're right Al would probably not have had any more children if he treated me like a Hill's Angel. I must put Ged straight, I'm a real pussycat really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Terri, seeing as you have raised the subject, how is it even remotely viable that after  so many American celebrities and politicians have been sacked or forced to resign over claims of  sexual harassment, and yet Trump, who bragged about his own blatant contemptible behavior with women, is still the President of the United States?  I can see that the GOP wants to hang on to power at any cost, but at what point does their ever decreasing credibility make their position no longer tenable? 

Hi Trevor,
We'll probably get in trouble for discussing this aren't, we supposed to be apolitical? The 'orange muppet' is such a disgrace though. Trump will probably dispatch Chuck Norris and Delta Force to deal with me lol Good job Chuck didn't have a bone spur or we would never have heard of him-he could have hung out in the Manhattan strip clubs with Trump instead during the Vietnam war though.

I don't get the Americans, they spend seven times as much as Russia on defence and elect a president who is more loyal to the Kremlin than Kansas-very weird. The president simply has no moral fibre, a sex predator out of his own mouth from the 'Access Hollywood Tapes'. Trump's record speaks for itself, a serial adulterer and philanderer with two previous wives and a string of affairs behind him. Ivana accused him of rape and Marla Maples-who admittedly was a bimbo- saw her entire sex life played out in the newspapers much to Donald's glee boosting his ego. The man rather horribly revels in lusting after his own daughter talking about dating her if things were different 'yuk', twelve woman have accused him of unsolicited sexual advances, but being rich he can keep it out of court. His defence seems to be he wouldn't have been interested because they were 'ugly'-what a charmer?  I really feel sorry for Melania Trump as she looks permanently sad and the body language when with Trump says it all.

We probably should pity Trump as there are clearly mental issues there, malignant narcissism has been blamed, but he's also delusional and psychotic. I suspect his mental state and strange allegiances has a lot to do with his bankruptcies and receiving money from the despots of the world to bail him out, but there is no such thing as a free lunch and those people now have enormous leverage with him as POTUS and that brings the whole of the United States into disrepute and maybe into danger. Only 36% of Americans support him and many of those just do so in the hope of a revival of their fortunes in the coal, steel and car industry and you can't blame them for hoping, but it's the uneducated that worry me as they can be talked into anything and believe Trump's standards are normal. How anyone on a low income can believe in someone who uses a golden toilet bowl each morning is beyond me , my one is diamond encrusted silver with a wi-fi operated flush lol

[block rmoved by ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well put, Terri. That's what I meant - I wish I were that eloquent. I could quote any single one sentence there.

There would truly be something horribly wrong with the world, if we weren't allowed to say that, but the man himself is allowed to get away with actually doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

I did reply to you but it was removed by a Trump sympathising moderator. Quite disturbing really as I'm a moderator as well and I know the rules. There was nothing in the message that anyone could object too unless  totally devoid of a sense of humour or politically motivated, but the thought police get everywhere. I'll e-mail you what I said instead.

Would the mod who did that please identify themselves to me thro email as I want to discuss your actions with Madison or Tricia as you need training. Whoever you are I notice you didn't report my actions in our private back office forums. I out of courtesy would always tell a fellow ACP and moderator if I bounced one of their posts and consider your actions completely cowardly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri,

As a moderator, I saw the post that was rejected.  IMO, it should NOT HAVE BEEN REJECTED.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it interesting that the only posts so far are from ACPs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it interesting that the only posts so far are from ACPs.

ACPs are also experts in politics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because only the ACP mods can see the full discussion Bob. It is obviously totally off topic for the Adobe forums but on social media we often drift into strange and bizarre topics and I for one find it interesting to hear what others working in areas similar to me are thinking about world affairs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, it's nice to know I wasn't out of line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOD bless the urinated states

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

GOD bless the urinated states

Hi there, that's a very clever play on words, but we must not start smearing the United States as the problem lies with an electoral college system that allowed a total moron (actually Rex Tillerson called him an F'in Moron) who received 3 million votes less than the Democrat candidate Clinton and is now driving a coach and horses through the democratic processes of the United States and destroying its international credibility. I've been to the US over 20 times and never have had anything but a great time there. It is true I don't rub shoulders with the gangs of LA or the brothers in Harlem, but most Americans are good people who aren't like Trump and most welcoming. Yes there are 'rednecks' who make up Trump's base and are a mix of white supremacists and neo-Nazis-most Americans despise those characters-I believe the phrase is white trash. In conclusion I hope this discussion doesn't turn into an exercise in bashing the US as that would be unjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to say a whole lot but alas, I'm just an uneducated, poverty stricken white trash less than human living in a god-forsaken third world country called the Divided States of America. Come on give me a break will ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Cactus+Cowboy  wrote

I'd like to say a whole lot but alas, I'm just an uneducated, poverty stricken white trash less than human living in a god-forsaken third world country called the Divided States of America. Come on give me a break will ya.

I thought you were a Brit Cactus.  

This puts me in mint of the UK when Maggie Thatcher was setting people at each other's throats and making it OK to be selfish.  It was a bad time, and there were a LOT of these bumper stickers around.

Maggie eventually got dementia, as did Labour PM Harold Wilson and US President Ronald Reagan.  Meanwhile, Edward Heath was apparently getting away with similar behaviour to Jimmy Sevile, Max Clifford (who died in jail this week) and Rolf Harrison.  I don't know about the last two names, but a lot of people have said that it was well known that Jimmy Savile was a wrong-un, and with some one who had round the clock close protection, you'd have suspect that Ed Heath was allowed to get away with it because of the embarrassment it would cause.  His name certainly didn't come up in Operation Yewtree, although a lot of other very high profile names did. 

Does anyone else see a parallel here with Donald Trump being allowed to get away with despicable behaviour, and the growing list of names that have come to light since the outing of Harvey Weinstein made it OK for dozens of women, and some men, to come forward and name lots of high profile names who are _not_ being allowed to get away with it.

And that's why it is not OK to say 'Give me a break'.  Remember, a lot of the contributors to this thread are not American, but they are still driven to strong feelings because it affects us all.   At least all those millions of people in South Korea won't have to worry if things kick off, because they'll all be dead!

Although there is a lot of truth in the adage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Trevor-talk about a picture saves a thousand words! How are you able to keep so current with current affairs given the twelve hour time difference? I think the truth is the Republicans in America and the Conservatives in Britain are two peas in a pod. They both believe in the Gordon Gekko mantra from Wall Street that 'Greed is Good' and if Roy Moore wins tomorrow we can add paedophilia is good to that.

It is very likely Donald Trump will come to London next February to open the new American Embassy in Battersea, which replaces the one in Grosvenor Square, but it will be a very low key affair- no riding in the gold carriage or having tea with the Queen, just a quick dash through the traffic to cut the ribbon and maybe a meeting with the Prime Minister. I think this is a terrible way to have to treat our most important allies and is hardly friendly, but there is too much hostility felt towards him here. About the only people who like Trump are followers of Nigel Farage from the wacky hang'em, flog'em brigade who need a trade deal to justify Brexit. It will be interesting when the royal wedding comes around in May as I reckon there is a good chance Barack and Michelle Obama will get invited, as Harry is friends with them due to the Invictus Games-How will it look when the current President is snubbed?-major diplomatic incident on the horizon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Sweet justice in Alabama.

The Guardian view on Roy Moore’s defeat: sweet justice in Alabama | Editorial | Opinion | The Guardi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

watching that election was really fascinating like watching a film and I was in England where it was 3am when the result was announced. A little disturbing though that the white population overwhelmingly supported Moore something like 72% of men and 60% of women, whereas in the black population it was 7% and 5 %. Decency did prevail though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Terri.  It was a real nail biter.   Interestingly, more Alabama black voters turned out in THIS election than they did for Obama. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not be surprised if a certain number of Republicans decided to stay out of this. There's point where some things are deal-breakers with some party loyalists.

"Roy Moore banned from National Mall." is how it was summed up in one headline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to make about Doug Jone's victory over Roy Moore.  It seems at least as likely to be a backlash against his alleged interest in young girls, as the people turning against The Donald.  Perhaps Neil Young will write a new version of his Alabama song.

What hit me like a ton of bricks today, was this article on Politico , that says the US Department of Justice is quietly working to undermine Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.  I've lost track of what Jeff Sessions has been up to recently, but he is still the AG and a surrogate of Trump, and you can imagine him flat out politicizing the department that should be the most apolitical.  I suppose I am being completely naive by making that statement, but I expect better from America.  On the other hand, Jeff Sessions is from Alabama, and it was his recusal that led to Mueller taking over the Russia investigation.  This Week magazine is now saying that Sessions appointment as AG could be the very thing that brings down The Crown Prince of Politweets.  By heck this is complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of restoring the US leadership position as he promised, your president is completely isolating his country on the international scene.

Yesterday he excluded the US from the political game in the Mediterranean basin for many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines