• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic fails to display the changes i make in develop mode with graphic processor on.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought dell inspiron 7570 laptop. it has NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics card (4GB) & i7 8th gen, 8gb ram. when i turned on the graphic support in lightroom classic, it fails to show the changes I have made. When I turned it off, lightroom shows all changes made on the image. it also having problems with map as well.

Photoshop On my laptop is working fine with graphic processor.Without graphics processor.jpgWith graphics processor on.jpgNo map.jpgNo map 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

You don't seem to need any help - you've found the answer yourself. Turn the 'Use graphics processor' OFF, if it doesn't work for you. It is a 'feature in progress' brought in in a hurry to help people using 4/5K monitors who found that with so many screen pixels it was taking a long time to write the image to screen. It doesn't really do anything else yet, and can slow down people with smaller screens, or not work at all if it doesn't like your graphics card or driver. I only have 2560x1440 scr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't seem to need any help - you've found the answer yourself. Turn the 'Use graphics processor' OFF, if it doesn't work for you. It is a 'feature in progress' brought in in a hurry to help people using 4/5K monitors who found that with so many screen pixels it was taking a long time to write the image to screen. It doesn't really do anything else yet, and can slow down people with smaller screens, or not work at all if it doesn't like your graphics card or driver. I only have 2560x1440 screens which don't need speeding up so I don't check the graphics processor option. One day if it helps other things I might use it, but it does nothing for me at present.

Similarly I have turned off the 'Generate previews in parallel' option; that uses up so many resources that it is difficult to do anything else when that is used. If I am generating previews overnight I might use it, but not normally. I've told Adobe several times that these two features should be OFF by default, leaving people who understand what they do to try them out, but not kidding everyone that they are solutions to everyone's problems.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines