• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable mini bridge in InDesign CC

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mini Bridge seems to be missing from my Creative Cloud versions of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.

How do I enable Mini Bridge?

I am up to date on all versions of the apps and I am running on a Mac.

I am able to use the full version of Bridge for browsing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

There is nothing to fix. You responded to an very old question. In the meantime MiniBridge does not exist any morer and therefore ther will not be any workaround to revive it. Adobe has removed all Flash based menu components as MiniBridge was one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mini Bridge is a Window Panel in the Apps, it's a minature version of the full Adobe Bridge.

Go to Window and search the list there for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mini Bridge is not showing up in the Window Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't see Window > Mini Bridge, you might consider restoring your InDesign preferences:

FAQ: Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. Mini Bridge is working on Indesing CC but...it's seems you cannot use the "Options Panel" because the programmer didn't add this "feature". That means that you cannot able, for example, the option that show you the images that you have already use in your document. That is completely INSANE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking on the Window menu in InDesign CC, and there is no entry there for Mini-Bridge. AT ALL. I haven't had the opportunity yet to be frustrated as has DanieleCastellani, because I can't find the menu option to open Mini-Bridge. Where the heck is it?

Update: Spotted the Br Bridge button on the menu bar (ctrl-click max bridge; alt-click new bridge window; shift-click for mini-bridge). Shift-clicked. Didn't work -- opened the full Bridge application. Something is wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nedlaw,

Did you try restoring your InDesign preferences?

FAQ: How do I reset or "trash" preferences?

Also restore Adobe Bridge preferences. Hold down Cmd-Shift-Option (Mac) or Ctrl-Shift-Alt when opening Adobe Bridge. InDesign relies on Bridge to be able to open Mini-Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, I don't see any sign of mini bridge in the menus, either. I haven't installed Bridge CC, however, and that might be a factor (Clicking on the Bridge button starts downloading the Bridge CC installer for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's as designed. Bridge is no longer installed automatically and the

first time you go to use it, it will be downloaded and installed.

That should add the mini bridge choice to the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working for me in InDesign CC on a Mac:

InDesign018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

It's seems it doesn't work on Indesign CS6 and CC...

http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/quick-tip-locating-images-using-mini-bridge-in-indes...

I sent several mail to the Adobe support and they quite the conversation, even on the chat, without any explanation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike Peter Spier, I have installed Bridge CC and it is operational. I followed the instructions in the link to "trash" preferences. (Really, he should have given the backup advice BEFORE telling you the steps to delete... for those who followed our cake recipe given last week, here is the antidote...)

Alas, deleting preferences didn't seem to help. I've deleted preferences for both Bridge and ID. Mini-bridge does not appear in the Window menu nor does it display when I shift-click the Br button on the menu. Bridge itself works fine -- so things are not at a standstill -- but this is annoying. Somewhere in my switch from CS6 to CC mini-bridge went away.

Anyone else with an idea what I should try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nedlaw wrote:

I followed the instructions in the link to "trash" preferences. (Really, he should have given the backup advice BEFORE telling you the steps to delete... for those who followed our cake recipe given last week, here is the antidote...)

Well, have you never learned to read the directions BEFORE you start? It's amazing how much grief you can save for yourself if you do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<embarrassed /><chagrined /><woeful smile />

Oh well. For some reason it doesn't work; I'll hack at it over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nedlaw. So, do you know if anybody fix it or foud a workaroud?

Thanks

Daniele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, no workaround is available other than by running the full Bridge application and switching to it when necessary, I think another poster mentioned that the programmer (whover that was) had failed to implement mini-Bridge in InDesign, and it's apparently still not implemented. It is not in my Windows version under Win8.1. That's the limit of my current knowledge. I wish Adobe would get around to it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nedlaw good evening. In our opinion, is there any chance to create a group asking this "feature" directly to the Adobe/programmer?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, Mini Bridge is now installed with the 2014 CC version of InDesign, since it shows up in my version where it certainly did not before. Someone heard... Took a while, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've MiniBridge on Indesign 2014 as well but the funcion "borderAroundImagesThatI'veAlreadyInsertInTheProject" has not been implemented... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift click is bringing up the CC menu... This is awful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me I get the CC Menu however I click on the icon in the menu - please fix this Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to fix. You responded to an very old question. In the meantime MiniBridge does not exist any morer and therefore ther will not be any workaround to revive it. Adobe has removed all Flash based menu components as MiniBridge was one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willi. So, at this point how to use Indesign to build a wedding album? Is it Indesign the "right" software to make wedding albums? I would like to have a browsing folder opened directly in Indesing to see and choose the images to drag on the pages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set Bridge up to look and work much like Mini-Bridge. In the screen cap below, Bridge is in light table view, and sitting at the bottom of the InDesign window.

Adobe Bridge CC 2015ss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarbBinder.

Thank's for your answer. Not sure if I've understand your workaround.

Just I think the developers doesn't work with Indesign and don't care what we need. I think it will be really useful and easy to make a browsing gallery direcly in Indesign with the funcion (a red border on a file already inserted in the project) that helps to see how files did you already used...am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines