• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling Photoshop 7

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reinstall Photoshop (PS) 7 on my Windows 10 PC.  It was working fine but I had to "restart" the hard drive with Microsoft help, to eliminate a trojan (low level format).  I had to install PS7 in this PC when it was new about 18 months ago.  I know that Adobe no longer supports PS7 but one of the Adobe agents gave me a link to their website where I could still download it; does anyone know that resource and the link?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Photoshop version 7 (shipped 2002)?

Or it's little cousin Photoshop Elements 7 (shipped 2008)?

Elements 7 for Windows can be downloaded here

Download Photoshop Elements 13, 12, and earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.  Its Photoshop 7 part No 28101613 which is 2002 on the box. I had it running on Windows 10 Pro for about 18 months before I had to wipe the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid there is definitely no download link for such an ancient version.

Do you have the disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the disk and I did download what I thought was PS7 from a link given to me, I assume I was given it  because I was not able to use the installation disk as I don't have the disk for PS5 that it was an upgrade from. Maybe what I downloaded was a variation of PS7 or version that had a similar functionality?  Do you know of any other free download, not a trial, that works like PS7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need the PS5 disc to install the upgrade.  Just enter your PS5 serial number during the installation from your PS7 disc when prompted for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have the box either. I think I would have registered both versions of Photoshop with Adobe, but it seems that they don't have any registration records that long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your first post, you re-installed Photoshop 7 18 months ago using a link provided to you by an Adobe agent. Suggest you find that link and see if it still works.

I've never seen a download link for Photoshop 7 anywhere online. It's such an ancient version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I have been rooting through my old emails and it seems that the link that I was given was actually to download CS6 and not PS7; CS6 did work under Windows 10.  I understand that CS6 is no longer available from Adobe.  I guess I have 2 alternatives: buy a serial number for PS5 (which my PS7 was upgraded from) and use it to install PS7 from the disc that I have, or give in and subscribe to the basic package of Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidDundas  wrote

Hi John,

buy a serial number for PS5

Adobe doesn't sell that any longer.

DavidDundas  wrote

or give in and subscribe to the basic package of Adobe CC.

...or download the trial of Photoshop Elements 2018 and see if that will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have looked at PS Elements in the past and found it to be too basic and the cost of the 2018 version is almost as much as a year of PS CC, so as I am running a trial PS CC which works fine, I will probably sign up to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines