• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back and forth

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a piece on my ipad using the illistr app, but since its just the basics, I need to do more on the computer. I know that I can get it onto the computer and edit it there, but since the pc isn't actually mine, is there a way I can do what I need to do on the computer and then put it back onto my ipad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app do you use on the iPad?

Is it something like Photoshop Express?

If yes, then I am guessing that it can not open and use layered PSD file, in which case you will need to save it as a flattened JPG from Photoshop, and copy it to the iPad pictures folder.  But that's just a guess, so tell us what app is involved and we'll try and give you a better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the adobe draw app. Is there no way to have something saved in the creative cloud sent to the apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like what I've found so far is that you can technically do it if you save every layer as its own thing, but that turns it into an image layer, and I haven't found how to turn that into an editable layer (or if you actually can like on the sketch app)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Draw is a companion app to Illustrator, not Photoshop. If you have a Creative Cloud subscription you can send the illustration to Illustrator on a desktop or laptop computer. You have to log into your CC account on the computer, and be on the same network with the iPad and the desktop. Within the Draw app you can send the file to Illustrator. After you are logged in, the file should open automatically in Illustrator after you send it there.

There is NO back and forth however. You can’t send the file back to Draw from Illustrator.

The mobile apps are not designed for a back and forth workflow. It’s a one way trip from mobile to desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that (I also don't know where I implied that I wastrhinking about photoshop, I was assuming illustrato, sorry for the confusio), but I can't use the "send file" method since the computer is a uni one. I was trying to find a way to "go back and forth" through creative cloud, which as I said before: kind of works if you save each layer individually. But I don't have a paid membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you sign up for the 30 day trial. Then you can sign into your account on the uni pc? Once you’re signed in you should be able to transfer the file from Illustrator Draw to Illustrator on the PC, complete with layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't give me a trial cause I had a subscription in 2015-16, and I'm kind of reluctant to resubscribe cause its like $356 here. But that still doesn't solve the problem of going back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new subscription with another email address. Perhaps use your student email address if you haven’t already used that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angie, That is a great idea except that I am pretty sure Mobile creations are directly connected to the account used while creating them. Meaning if you create a new account, and log into the new account, the file will be gone.  As far as I know there is currently no way to get layered vector art out of Draw without a subscription. This is a very common gripe posted in the Draw forum. I understand Adobe’s position on it, but wish it was all better explained on the front end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can get student pricing if you are in education. Have you checked to see if you are eligible for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the email adress, but it apparently won't allow it since its with the same ip address. Weird. I could get the school discount

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I also don't know where I implied that I wastrhinking about photoshop, I was assuming illustrato, sorry for the confusio)

I would say that it's because you posted your question in the Photoshop forum.

We have lots of forums to pick from. Two you might want to bookmark:

1. Illustrator
  2. Adobe Illustrator Draw (mobile app)

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I didn't even realise I did that. Thanks for the bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annat25370002  wrote

Huh. I didn't even realise I did that. Thanks for the bookmarks.

Would you like us to move this thread to the Illustrator forum, or are you all set?  When threads get a good few replies, then it stands less chance of being looked at, so if you do need more information, I'd be inclined to start a new thread in the Illustrator and or Draw forums, and add a link to this thread so responders can see what has already been said.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought the question was addressed—that's why I didn't move it earlier, Trevor.Dennis.

annat25370002 , let us know if you need more information, or if you have what you need. And if someone gave you the answer you were looking for, please mark it as correct. It closes this thread so that we can focus our attention on unanswered questions. Thanks!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines