• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding a Youtube video link

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all. I am trying to embed a Youtube video link into my project. It is not working...any suggestions???? I am using RoboHelp 6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009
Hello again Little Helper

I finally sorted what is likely happening to you with the code. RoboHelp 6 is "being helpful" and converting the ampersand to the HTML entity equivalent of :&. This is causing an issue because YouTube isn't understanding the code.

I managed to overcome it by employing just a smidge of JavaScript. See if the code here can be copied and pasted to make things work on your end.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Littel Helper and welcome to the RH community.

Is there a reason why you are trying to link to the video via an ActiveX control? Why not just use a hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

The owner wants it embedded, I suggest a direct link but he nixed it. I get Youtube to open but it cant find the video. I know the path is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Little Helper

Perhaps you could provide more detail? What exactly do you mean by "not working"?

* Does the player window not appear in the topic?
* Does the player window appear, but the video doesn't play?
* Does the topic cause an error when it is displayed?

We need more information before we will be able to help.

Colum, I believe the code presented is the way YouTube suggests embedding a video on a web page so that you don't have to navigate away from the page to watch the video. There is more at this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I just tried copying your code and pasting into a RoboHelp HTML 6 topic. When I preview the topic and click the play button for the video, I see a message that says:

The video you requested is not available.

Is that what you are seeing? If so, that's totally on the YouTube side. Things are working from the RoboHelp perspective.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

The player does open, but that's it. I can search for the specific video and it does play, but I need it to open when the user selects play.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Can you give me a link that does work so I can see the video on the YouTube site? If you can do that, I can probably tell you what is wrong with your code.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Little Helper

I finally sorted what is likely happening to you with the code. RoboHelp 6 is "being helpful" and converting the ampersand to the HTML entity equivalent of :&. This is causing an issue because YouTube isn't understanding the code.

I managed to overcome it by employing just a smidge of JavaScript. See if the code here can be copied and pasted to make things work on your end.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good Morning Rick,

Your code worked. Thank you so much for your help and your time...Anita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp