• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete document from Publish Online

Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded my first document to Publish Online, but I want to delete it. The "trash can" icon doesn't work. The only options I have are to share or embed the document. Help!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

For what it's worth, I started out with Firefox (see my screenshot above). I also tried Chrome and Seamonkey. None of those browsers allow me to delete documents from Publish Online.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

I just tried again with Firefox, with the same result. But when I switched to Microsoft (?) Edge, I was finally able to delete the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having no problem. Choose File > Publish Online Dashboard. View the list of uploaded files. On the right side beside the file you want to delete, click the Trash can icon.

If you're having a problem, go to the CC Desktop app (menu bar on Mac or task bar in Windows). Make sure you're logged in to the Adobe ID you use with your account. If necessary log out and log in again. Then repeat the delete process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried logging in and out as you suggested, but that doesn't work. I also tried two different browsers. That doesn't work, either. I can click on the delete icon all day, but nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next I would try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted InD and reset my preferences, but the trash icon is STILL inactive.

I even tried re-uploading the document to Publish Online and accessing it that way. Still nothing.

Can someone in the front office delete this document for me, please? That's all I really want. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm a volunteer. So I hope one of the staff or staff engineers can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get in contact with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the staff and engineers provide help here when they have time. Most of us are experienced InDesign users.

There is no direct way to communicate with Adobe staff like engineers. If you were to contact Adobe customer service, you would probably not get a successful answer. However, there may be staff or experienced volunteers who can make other suggestions for solving your problem.

The truth is that customer service reps pretty much read their answers from scripts so more obscure features like you're referring to aren't well served by calling or chatting with them (just my opinion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen grab of your browser window? With your mouse in rollover so we can see the icons? I, too, have never experienced this. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dashboard.png

All three icons show, but the trash icon doesn't work. For what it's worth, I was able to replace the original document in PubOnline with a blank document, so if you can delete it, that would be great.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the other two icons work as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they did. Only the trash doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any kind of error message, or simply nothing happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error message. But nothing happens, either. The trash icon doesn't even change appearance as the other two do when I click on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try one more thing. Please access your dashboard from another browser or device.

Go to http://indd.adobe.com/dashboard and log in with your Adobe ID credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried that, with two different browsers. The result is the same: only two of the icons are active links.

But I tried it again just now, with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about publishing a couple more docs? Put something on the page, just to make sure a null file doesn’t cause problems. This way, we eliminate the possibility it‘s just this one URL/document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rontiara,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is a really unusual issue and we are not able to replicate it at our end. Since you have already tried multiple browsers, I would suggest you log out from your Adobe apps, log back in and check. Also, check if you can log in with a different Adobe ID and follow the same workflow. In the meanwhile, I'll try to find more details about this issue.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the course of this discussion, I have, of course, logged out and in several times. If you can delete the document from your end, great. I give up.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating an additional document or two, uploading them, and see if those can be deleted? It could just be this one document.  As I mentioned, be sure and put something on the page so it's not a completely empty doc.  It seems to me that this would let us know if it is your account overall, or a specific document. Thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that. I now have two documents there that I can't delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's it for my ideas. Very unusual. Hopefully ohmnath and some of the Adobe staff can help. I'm not sure they can access your documents to delete them. More important would be to learn the cause. Sorry I can't be of further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Fortunately, I can't see that I will be needing this feature in the future. This was just an experiment. I'm glad it wasn't "official"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rontiara,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I am not able to reproduce the issue at my end. Can you please provide some details about it? It will be really helpful for us as it may help to avoid these issues in future.

Are you publishing the document through ID 2018 or some other version ?

You can also contact me at sakverma@adobe.com for further communication.

Thanks,

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most of the "details" are already in this discussion. I'm using CC 2018, which I have found has other bugs besides. There's not much more I can add to what I've already said. I certainly won't try using Publish Online again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines