• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with photoshop CS6 save as jpeg

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 versions of photoshop but I still use CS6.  I had te reinstall my Mac and now I have a problem.  I can't save a psd (with layers) as jpeg.  In the save options there is still a V in layers or in As a copy.  It saves every time as a copy when I want to save.  I can merge the layers to 1 and save then (then it works), but it has to be normal directly.

So I want to save a layered psd directly to a jpeg (flatten).

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the file has properties not supported in the jpeg format specification, Photoshop will save out a copy. The original file is still open, and so you get a prompt to save that, with all the data intact.

This is the way it has to be. A few versions back, PS wouldn't even save out a jpeg at all, until the file complied completely with the jpeg specification (no layers, masks, 16 bit depth and so on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines