Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Brush not displaying at size it strokes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a minor yet annoying problem with PS CC 2018 that was not present in previous versions. I have used custom brushes for years as "signature brushes" to stamp my actual signature along with a copyright symbol and year. Each year, I create a new brush from the previous year, changing the year portion as necessary. Prior to CC 2018, when I would stamp the brush, I would set the size of the brush based upon the size of the image to make it appropriate. I usually do this by selecting the appropriate brush and typing in the size (such as 225 px). When I then stamp the brusk on a layer above the image, it domes out smaller than the brush displays as it is positioned over the image. For the work I've been doing lately, it looks about 10-15% smaller at a guess. By measurement, the brush strokes at the proper size, but the displayed brush is 10-15% larger than that.

Other than that, everything works fine. I have been trying to compensate for it visually as I work, but it is very disconcerting and has never worked like this in previous versions of the program back to 2004.

I believe that this is a straight-out bug, but I can't be sure. I have tried this not only with my migrated brushes from previous versions, but with a brush created in CC 2018 as well.

Anyone have any ideas? If not, how do I report this to Adobe Support?

Thanks in advance,

= Ed Rotberg =

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

See if going to System Preferences>Accessibility>Display and the setting the Cursor Size to Normal resolves the issue.

cs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!!

Here ya go:

System Version: macOS 10.13.2 (17C88)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.3.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Enabled

Time since boot: 5 days 26 minutes

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac14,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM142.0123.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

= Ed =

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if going to System Preferences>Accessibility>Display and the setting the Cursor Size to Normal resolves the issue.

cs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo! I don't even know how that got changed!! It would be nice if PS was able to give you a preference to override that setting for brushes. It doesn't seem to make much sense for that use. Still, I should have thought of that.

Thanks again Jeff!

= Ed =

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines