• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run multiple actions on the same image

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to apply multiple actions to the same image. The process I take is long and time consuming. I have a "Render All" action that

1. creates a snapshot
  2. selects the snapshot
  3. play an action

I then add another step in each action I want to run to make a snapshot and name the action in the history so I can view it.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Use the previous reply for reference, you can move make snapshot step after step to play some other action (that's what I am usually doing). I have recorded many actions which are doing exactly what you want. It is doable.

Here is my blog post and free actions which you can use as reference for your project DesignEasy: Free B&W Conversion Actions For Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what exactly you want. You can record step in action to play another action(s):

• While recording action simply select another action and click Play selection button.
  • Wait action to finish playing.
  • You should see step in your action: Play action "Action name" of set "Action set".

play action step.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I'd like. I want to open one image and apply multiple actions, have the final result added to the history so that I can then compare the end results and pick the one I like.

I have over 50 actions which I think would be great for a particular image. So instead of running each individually which makes it impossible to compare, I'd like to see 50 results in history.

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned earlier, you should be able to create an action that plays other actions…

This sample uses a history snapshot called “Default Start Point” which is the state of the original file before running the action. This way the image can be “reset” each time before each new action is played and recorded as a snapshot.

There are 3 actions called “red” - “green” - “blue”

The 4th “Variations” action plays each of the 3 previous actions in turn, saving a named snapshot.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 13.33.39.png

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the previous reply for reference, you can move make snapshot step after step to play some other action (that's what I am usually doing). I have recorded many actions which are doing exactly what you want. It is doable.

Here is my blog post and free actions which you can use as reference for your project DesignEasy: Free B&W Conversion Actions For Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That is what I'm doing now, but it would be nice to have some built-in functionality for this.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as the document remains open and your Photoshop preferens is set to keep  more history states then there are steps in the actions the histort states you want should be there as long as there are no clear histort states steps in the actions. How many steps are in the actions and how many history states do you hae Photoshop keep?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines