• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not open

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to open my photoshop app for hours, however, when i click on any method of getting the app open nothing happens. i have tried to restart my computer but there is no difference. I dont see anything wrong when i look into my account details such as activation error or whatever so i dont know whats wrong here help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

hi

if you use windows try one of these options

1. right click>click "run as administrator".

2.Open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), click on File and click on New Task. In the textbox, type photoshop and then click ok

It should start a new process. That process is basically the Photoshop process in which innitiates the program.

3. When this happened to me it was due to PS not shutting down properly.

Open Task Manager and click Processes tab.

Scroll down looking for Photoshop.exe.

You may find multiple e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you using windows start the task manager.  So you can see the running porocesses try to start Photoshop do you see it try to start in the task manager.   

Also use the Windows reliability history viewer see it there are Photoshop crase reports.

CC 2017 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

if you use windows try one of these options

1. right click>click "run as administrator".

2.Open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), click on File and click on New Task. In the textbox, type photoshop and then click ok

It should start a new process. That process is basically the Photoshop process in which innitiates the program.

3. When this happened to me it was due to PS not shutting down properly.

Open Task Manager and click Processes tab.

Scroll down looking for Photoshop.exe.

You may find multiple entries. Select each and end process.

Close Task Manager.

Open Photoshop using your normal shortcut.

3. you can check this article also Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension or Bins utility installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notices the reason I could not re-open an app was due to it's process was still running.  I created a text file with the following:

@ echo off
taskkill /f /im photoshop.exe
exit

After saving it as a .txt, I renamed it to a .bat.  I keep it on the desktop handy.  It kills the background process, and allows me to re-open.  I am assuming in my code that the process is photoshop.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course you have to double click it before trying to open PS or whatever app is hanging up, but it beats downgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines