• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2018 update breaks Wacom Settings - Please Help!

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm on a the coasts version of OSX and have updated to the latest version of CC.

My problems being is Wacom appears to have lost all connections to my Wacom settings - and is looking for the 2017 versions of CC (see below).

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 10.51.16.png

Is there anyway of reconnecting/reallocating my old settings to the new apps? Dont want to have to re-input everything again as i spent along time getting them just right....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guess not?

So you just have to redo all your settings in Wacom every time? That sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is a Wacom "issue" not Photoshop. Wacom stores the preferences by application and sees each version of Photoshop as a separate application. Rightly so as many of us have several versions of Photoshop installed.

You could use a text editor to directly edit the Wacom_Tablet.dat file (make a backup copy first first) but it may be quicker just to set up the preferences again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) If you had saved your Wacom préférences (using Wacom desktop center) restore them.

2) Run Photoshop 2018. Run the Wacom tablet Properties. Click to + to add Photoshop 2018 by searching the file on your computer (don't click to the name Photoshop that appear in the list) . Don't delete the old icons in the Wacom properties, they must absolutly stay. The properties you had for previous versions should appear for the new one (else set them up again, you should see them by clicking on an older version icon)

3) Save your préférences (using the Wacom Desktop Center)

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines