• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for good tutorials

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I haven't used Robohelp since about 1995, so I'm way behind. I know FrameMaker *very* well, so it's not like I'm a total nOOb with Adobe products. But when I look at the Robohelp Web Help in TCS, it boggles my mind. (I want to use FrameMaker files as the source for Web Help).

At a high level I understand what's happening. I understand about style mappings and all that. But I cannot make any connection between that high level understanding and what I see in Robohelp! What I really need is a tutorial(s) that will help me learn about things like WORKFLOW and how to do specific things like:

- Add or remove a topic.

- Fix up mappings AFTER I've imported the FrameMaker book into Robohelp.

- Optimize graphics (some of my graphics that use FrameMaker drawing tools for callouts get blown apart after importing them. Also, JPG quality is really bad.)

- Re-jig it so H2 and H3 create "topics" and not just H1.

I realize these forums are for discussion of more focused problems, so I'm not hoping to have you all coach me through this learning process. But if anyone here knows of a good tutorial or book that would help me get going, please point me to it/them!

Note that I've tried a couple of the "video" tutorials on the Adobe web site, and they were more annoying than helpful. Also, I find the "help" within Help to be excessively wordy and not very useful (this is an across the board problem with Adobe I think). Any third-party resources out there?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed. Try the links below:

Icon Logic's RH 7 Essentials Book.
Rick Stone's Goober Guides
Peter Grainge's website.

Beware that if you google "RoboHelp 7 Books" you will get hits for books (particularly on Amazon) that refer to a version of RoboHelp dating from the 18th century

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Colum, that's a great starting point. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp