• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Old Photoshop 10

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very old version of Photoshop version 10.  (1998?) Can it be up dated to work with Windows 10 or should I just throw it away and start over?

Thanks

[Email removed by mod - public forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

that won't work Bob. Your version of CS3 requires activation , but unfortunately Adobe shut down the activation server last year. The good news is they have produced a new installer for download that doesn't require any activation. To get it use the link below, you will require the serial number from your current build. On submitting that you will be given a new serial and be allowed to download the new installer.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version ten should be CS3, no? Adobe recently took down the activation servers for CS3 and put out new downloads for previous customers. Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products I know a few folks have made Cs2 and CS3 work on Win 10, but not everyone can. Seems to be hit and miss. A friend of mine had CS3 working on Win 10 until a few days ago when he did the latest OS update.

Your best option will likely come down to Photoshop CC (the Photography Plan). It’s $9.99 US/mo - you get LR, LR mobile ,Br, the scripting toolkit, and some cloud storage for that price, as well as access to previous versions back to the subscription version of PS CS6.

Purchase the one-year prepaid and opt out of auto renewal if you don’t care for a monthly charge and auto-renewal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused here. In 1998 it was Photoshop  version 5. Photoshop version 10 was CS3, but that was released in April, 2007. Photoshop 5 was designed for Windows 95 and Windows NT and due to Windows 10 using some of the code from Windows NT I would hazard a guess version 5 would run on Windows 10 in compatibility mode, but it would need a lot of tweaking to work. For example it's not going to see TB sized hard disks. If you actually have Photoshop CS3 which is version 10 that runs fine under Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, We may have upgraded to Version 10 CS3 as you say.  The PC it ran on died so I might try load it on a new laptop.   Thank you for the information.

On Monday, January 15, 2018, 11:09:33 AM EST, Terri Stevens <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Very Old Photoshop 10

created by Terri Stevens in Photoshop - View the full discussion

I'm a little confused here. In 1998 it was Photoshop  version 5. Photoshop version 10 was CS3, but that was released in April, 2007. Photoshop 5 was designed for Windows 95 and Windows NT and due to Windows 10 using some of the code from Windows NT I would hazard a guess version 5 would run on Windows 10 in compatibility mode, but it would need a lot of tweaking to work. For example it's not going to see TB sized hard disks. If you actually have Photoshop CS3 which is version 10 that runs fine under Windows 10.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10104455#10104455 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10104455#10104455

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that won't work Bob. Your version of CS3 requires activation , but unfortunately Adobe shut down the activation server last year. The good news is they have produced a new installer for download that doesn't require any activation. To get it use the link below, you will require the serial number from your current build. On submitting that you will be given a new serial and be allowed to download the new installer.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines