• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplets with Lightroom

Participant ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been researching the path of using droplets. I can create the droplet but when I follow what I think are the steps for exporting from lightroom running a droplet and then having it save so it is a round trip back to Lightroom, when I go look at the photos the action I use in the droplet doesn't show on the image. There doesn't seem to be many resources about droplets so I'm kind of out in the dark here. Hoping someone can bring light to my issues. I'm sure this is fairly vague but I don't know where or how else to start the conversation. Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop Actions and Droplets with Lightroom - YouTube​

Maybe ya could let J. Kost walk ya thru the process so you can see what you may be missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Kost's video doesn't help, some troubleshooting questions:

- What exact versions of LR and PS are you running?  Do Help > System Info in each.  Mac / Windows?  (There have been past problems with droplets and PS and/or LR.)

- Does the droplet work as expected outside of LR, i.e. if you use Finder / Explorer to drop a file on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this droplet doesn't work without LR. When I look in the folder after it is done the pictures are there and I see the droplet run but the action effect isn't on the files. I tried changing some of the setting while creating the droplet and nothing that I came up with worked. I even tried changing the action so I had a save command in the action and still nothing.

I understand the concept of droplets but I guess the technical aspect of making everything work correctly I guess I have to experiment a bit to figure things out. I just don't find many resources available that goes over and provides examples of all the different scenarios available. Kind of unlimited I know, i'll probably figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While some participants in this forum have some experience with droplets, I think you‘re more likely to get expert help in the Photoshop forum. Once you get a working droplet, if you have issues making it work with LR, post back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wonder if LIghtroom mobile and Lightroom CC now are basically the same thing...so we won't hear about lightroom mobile anymore and if we do we will just know it is an older version of Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC is essentially a version of LR Mobile that runs on the Windows and Mac desktop.  But LR Mobile is still used to name the version that runs on Android and iOS, while LR CC names the version that runs on Windows and Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So essentially there are 3 possible solutions for LR? Mobile just depends on Classic or CC from the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So essentially there are 3 possible solutions for LR? Mobile just depends on Classic or CC from the desktop?

This article explains the LR family better than I could: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/the-future-of-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into this too and just watched the video.  It's not as fluid of a system as would be expected/appreciated from these products.  Case in point - I think that you may be missing the importing step after the droplet has been run.  You basically have to export out of LR, batch in PS and then re-import back into LR.  If you mentioned that you did that somewhere above, apologies.  If not - try re-importing them and see if that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You basically have to export out of LR, batch in PS and then re-import back into LR. 

That's not necessary, as the video explains. You create an Export preset with a post-processing action that runs the droplet on the exported photo and reimports the modified photo back into the catalog automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so this is off topic of droplets, but I have several different .lrcat files in the folder where my current catalog resides. Are they just older versions of the catalog and don't matter. I'm kinda cleaning up my computer and would like to delete these files if I can but don't know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines