• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color do not match LR when exporting to PS

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!  I have been messing with this for days, and really hoping someone on there can help me.  I do my basic edits in LR, and then transfer to PS.  All of the sudden, the photo colors in PS do NOT match LR.  Once it is open in PS, the colors a over saturated.  I looked at all my color profiles on both application, and everything is where it should be.  What could be wrong?  Thank you so much in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you got a new and defective monitor profile through Windows Update - but it's hard to tell without seeing. Can you post a side by side screenshot? Lightroom Develop > Edit in Photoshop.

In any case, don't change any color settings in PS or Lr. If you have, change it back. That's not where the problem is (but changing some of them could be).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an iMac.  LR classic and PS CC.  LR image is on the right.  PS image is on the left.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 1.28.42 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this as very oversaturated in PS - but the skin tones are slightly more yellow, and the overall contrast a little lower.

I'd still say this points to the monitor profile. Are you using a calibrator? If so, run it again. Make sure it's set to produce version 2, matrix-based profiles - not version 4 and/or table-based.

Lightroom Develop converts from linear ProPhoto into your monitor profile, which is a more complex conversion than from a standard working space profile. That's why a difference is usually an indication of a profile problem.

Do you see the same difference between Lr Develop vs Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to run the calibrator again.  Spyder 3.  No changes.  There is no difference in between Lr Develop vs Library.  What's weird, is that edited a full session the night before, and everything was fine.  It just happened overnight.  I was thinking one of my kids did something, but after checking all the settings, it seems everything should be great.  I did download Portraiture 3... Would that have anything to do with the change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...mmmmaybe...don't really know, but plugins can sometimes cause weird issues. Try to disable it.

Anyway, to test the monitor profile, try to replace it with a known good one - sRGB IEC61966-2.1 if this is an older iMac with a standard gamut display. It won't be entirely accurate, but the point here is to see if there is still a difference.

If it's a new iMac with DCI-P3 (wide gamut) display, there's really no generic profile that matches it, but Adobe RGB should be good enough for a test. You should also have a "Display P3" profile that came with the unit.

In the latter case (DCI-P3 panel), the Spyder3 isn't really quite up to it anyway. It was never very reliable with LED or wide gamut in the first place. 4 and 5 perform much better.

Remember to relaunch PS and Lr after a profile change. They need to load the new profile at application startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines