• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my automatic script on my computer (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Photoshop CS6 and I try to restore a script from a old save (Time machine). I look on Photoshop CS6/Presets/scripts but I can't find it. Do you know where it could be?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you had a  script a Name.jsx file not an action set SetName.atn file.    Did you use it from Photoshop'd menu File>Scripts>ScriptName  how did you  use it from the Action Palette ActionName. Scripts can be executed from any folder they need not be in Phoroshop's folder PSversion\Presets\scripts\

I use Windows Mac Photoshop location and names. Mac locations and naming are somewhar different the Mac OS

On windows the scripts path for CS6 is not where I install my scripts I link that folder to my Photoshop Scripts tree.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found it! It was on my Library (under my username) and it's a file name Actions Pallette.psp

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Action palet but even if I use seach on my Mac, I cant find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should save the action sets your actions are in.  So you will not loose them when your Photoshop preferences need to be reset.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you save your action in action sets in *.atn files the only place your actions are stored is in your Photoshop preferences folder in your Action Palette Photoshop Preference file on my windows workstation that file:

"C:\Users\jjmac\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\Actions Palette.psp"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines