• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In "Photoshop" > "File" > "File Info" >"Camera Data" How do I fill in the "Owners" name???

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "Photoshop" > "File" > "file Info"n> "Camera Data"..How do I fill in the "Owners" name .???

[Moderator's note: This is a public forum. Your personal contact information was removed for your protection.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Hi Anthony:

As a heads up, this is a user-to-user community forum. Users like you and I volunteer here in their spare time to answer questions on the applications they know well.

Your camera should have come with a program you can use to add your personal data. Once entered, Photoshop will read it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this question too hard to answer or what??? Again ...In "Photoshop > "File" > "FILE INFO" > "Camera Data" How do I

fill the "Owners" name ??? Anthony Presson

[Moderator's note: This is a public forum. Your personal contact information was removed for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony:

As a heads up, this is a user-to-user community forum. Users like you and I volunteer here in their spare time to answer questions on the applications they know well.

Your camera should have come with a program you can use to add your personal data. Once entered, Photoshop will read it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Camera Data' XMP panel displays the EXIF tags, which contains hardware-related data like the lens specifications. Photoshop does not allow editing of EXIF data through the File Properties panel, because many camera manufacturers have proprietary data encoded within the EXIF structure that nobody else (including Adobe) understands. The EXIF data is also used to apply profile corrections, so changing it can cause problems.

It is possible to manually replace EXIF tags using Photoshop scripting, or third-party software such as ExifTool, but you need to understand the tag structure in detail.

The tag you are referring to (Exif.Photo.CameraOwnerName) is not the same as the "copyright" text which can be entered using the menus on DSLRs. For many cameras it's inaccessible and on others you need to use the manufacturer's own software - for example on Canon EOS cameras it must be set using the EOS Utility software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning this just now, although if I sell or trade in my camera I probably would have to remember to erase the name.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why camera rental shops, colleges, etc. often set the tag - it's not obvious how to change it, but very easy to see (in Photoshop, and when images are shared online with the EXIF data intact). Of all the EXIF tags that Photoshop could display in the properties panel, CameraOwnerName seems rather obscure until you think of it as an anti-theft system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all else fails, there's always Bridge

Canon

Canon DLC: Article: Adding Copyright information to your images

I am sure all models and makes will have the information in the camera's manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you actually tried to edit EXIF tags in Bridge? Notice anything missing? An edit button perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines