Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Find or Open Adobe Paper Texture Pro

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am following a tutorial that demonstrates the use of Adobe Paper Texture Pro.  It shows opening the Window menu, then Extensions, and finally choosing Adobe Paper Texture Pro.  However I do not see that option (nor do I see Recent Files).  I only see Adobe Color Themes.

I am on a Windows 7 PC, major components listed below.  I updated Photoshop CC to the latest build on 13 January, yesterday.  I think I should be on 19.0.1, but in Help > About Adobe Photoshop CC it shows I have 19.0.  My Adobe Creative Cloud app shows I have Photoshop CC (2017).  The updater created a shortcut named Adobe Photoshop CC 2018. I also have a shortcut named Adobe Photoshop CC 2017!

Any ideas about what I should do to access Adobe Paper Texture Pro?

Thanks very much!  - Dave

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ATX

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Boxed Processor

G.SKILL  F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD  Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

2 Each Crucial MX100 256GB SATA SSD

Hitachi            Ultrastar 2TB

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

It should be listed under the Extensions submenu.  If it is not listed there, go to Exchange...

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.27.40 PM.png

Search for Paper Textures It's compatible with CC 2018. "Aqcuire" it and it should then be in your extensions list.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.30.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Paper Texture Pro doesn't ship with photoshop.

You can get it from here:

https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/791#.WlwSrEtOkWo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be listed under the Extensions submenu.  If it is not listed there, go to Exchange...

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.27.40 PM.png

Search for Paper Textures It's compatible with CC 2018. "Aqcuire" it and it should then be in your extensions list.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.30.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!  You're both right!  It took a bit of fussing and troubleshooting, but it finally did appear in my PS 2018 Window > Extensions menu.

Where should that appear in my installed Program Files?  Not in Plugins; should it be in Presets?

Thanks very much!  Can I give a Correct Answer to both posts? 

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Location for windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\com.AdobePaperTexturePro\textures

Only one correct, but you can mark the other "Helpful"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure enough, there is is.  What a mess eh? 

Thanks again!

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user forums here are the best way to sort things out, which reminds me: Photoshop's update did not get labeled 19.0.1, but if you go under Help > System Info, this should be the latest version: Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gene,

That's helpful.  Also in Properties > Details for Photoshop.exe it says "File version 19.0.1.29687.  Nothing like what we see in Help > System Info!  Proof positive!! 

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use Photoshop on the MacBook Pro, so on that side we (Mac users) would select the Photoshop CC 2018.app in the

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 folder and use the Cmd i  shortcut to bring up the Get Info dialog:

Here it's 19.0.1 as shown in the screen clip. The Creation Date of the app in System Info is the  same as in Get Info.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 6.06.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that Paper Textures Pro has recently been moved off the main Adobe site, and onto the new dedicated "Adobe Exchange App Marketplace" website...

It can now be found here:

https://www.adobeexchange.com/creativecloud.details.791.html

Everything else still works the same as described above.

Update:

The last available version (3.1.2) of  Paper Textures Pro is downloadable from this Adobe page:

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud/install-instructions.791.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searched Adobe with no luck trying to find this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but I get: extension is retracted by partner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost adobe Textures an when i try to reinstall it says "denied Access" or from another site Developer has discontinued . Since it is a plugin I can't get help from Adobe. They told me I had to contact the manufacturer. I can't find any contact info for Russell Brown. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here – I'm watching what is supposed to be a new (this week) tutorial, and the teacher suggested downloading Paper Texture Pro in it, but all the links in this thread lead to a blank page with the message "This extension has been retracted by the partner". 

Is it no longer available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe support Adobe Paper Textures is no longer available. Spent 3 hours with a technician before I found that out. 🤪

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha oh man that's rough! Well, thanks for letting me know, appreciate it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to find something - we've probably all done the same tutorial.  I couldn't find anything easy, but then found this:  https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.806.taster.html

It's just a taster - ie the files are small, but to use as a texture should be ok as it's blended in anyway so pixels don't count...

It downloads to a file on your desktop.  I haven't worked out if you can get it into PS directly, but at least you can use it as a jpg image and drag it onto whatevery you want.

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intriguing, thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Someone who still had the textures was able to send them to me.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only location the Adobe Paper Texture Pro extension still seems to be available:

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html (CC)

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts_archive.html (CS6)

Not sure if it works with the latest 2020 release, but there it is...

As Gail pointed out above, another free resource that is still available is the Fly Taster Pack, which is 20 hand-picked web-sized textures from the Flypaper Textures collection:

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.806.taster.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 

The last available version (3.1.2) of Paper Textures Pro is downloadable from this Adobe page:

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud/install-instructions.791.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the link but when i click on it it says... Unauthorized access...:-((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, not sure but it may be that page only allows access if you've downloaded the extension in the past (and it's already in your Adobe Exchange account).

If that is the case and the download doesn't work, then try here instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, PDT, I love how you know all the backstage entrances...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL – merci, Pierre !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines