Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2017 - Applying opacity creates horizontal random lines

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

When I apply opacity to an object in indesign horizontal lines appear on the the object, they move around when zooming in and out. I have tried reinstalling, switching between different color modes, screen modes, and restarting my computer. None of these has fixed my problem and its starting to make it unbearable to work in. Below are some pictures that illustrate my problem.

The opacity/transparency also works in other adobe programs like illustrator and photoshop so it seems that it is isolated to indesign.

example1.png

example2.png

example4.png

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same experience. However, the file exports beautifully, with no lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Michael,

It's been awhile since I have touched this file and if I remember correctly when I exported the document the lines would not be there also. It is just frustrating moreso to work in, fortunately it was just a late night student project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue myself. Was there ever any solution found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines