Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC -- popup dialog boxes are blank

Advocate ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just recently installed the PS update to PSCC 19.0 Release.  I have noticed an odd behavior: when I point my cursor to any of the tools, a blank white box pops up.  In addition, if I click the search icon in the upper right corner, a large blank white box opens instead of the search interface.  This happens with or without an image open.

Here are two screenshots:

Screenshot 2018-01-15 18.49.26.png

Screenshot 2018-01-15 18.49.57.png

My system is an old Dell Latitude notebook running Windows 10 Home x64.  It's got an SSD C: drive with plenty of space, i7-2620M, 8GB RAM.

In PS Preferences>Performance, Use Graphics Processor is unchecked.  In fact, it's grayed out, not an option.  Cache Levels: 4.  Cache Tile Size: 128K.

The previous version of PSCC did not have this issue on this laptop.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this, and how to fix it?

Thank you.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

It seems like a Graphics driver problem. You may need to go to the card maker and update the drivers...

Note: not Windows update, but the card maker.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a Graphics driver problem. You may need to go to the card maker and update the drivers...

Note: not Windows update, but the card maker.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

Thank you for the quick reply and your suggestion.  I read the troubleshooting page.

It seems the problem is actually pretty simple: my laptop is too old!  I purchased it in 2011, and as I recall, it came with Windows XP on it, or maybe Windows 7.  In any case, I was pleased that I could update Windows to W10.

I downloaded the most current driver listed on the Dell website (dated 2013), but it wouldn't install.  Dell doesn't support Wiindows 10 on this machine, so I suspect that's why the driver won't install.  I think I'm at a dead-end, and it may indeed be time for a new laptop.  Having said that, PSCC 19.0 and LR Classic CC are running fine (so far), except as noted above.  I will not be surprised to encounter more issues as I use PS and LR.

Again, thanks for your help.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. This should give you an idea of what cards are tested for Photoshop CC 2018 and it seems cards older than 2014 are hit and miss. Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

You can install and run earlier versions that will work until you are able to upgrade the hardware. I would recommend CC 2017.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gene,

The graphics processor in my 2011 Latitude is definitely not supported according to the GPU page you linked to.  I'm actually surprised PS and LR are working as well as they are.

I will go back to 2017 as you suggested if I discover more problems.  I can live with the white boxes!

Thanks again.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines