• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC Profile won't show on the list

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting work with a print house and I wanted to use the ICM profile they provide to make sure that I get the results I want.
I put the file they provide with the .icm extension into "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color" but for some odd reason it does not show in PS CC.
I did restart the PC, I reset the printer preferences in PS to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

I have solved it myself, however I found quite a few of these questions unanswered online so I am going to leave this here for posterity.
In Win10:
Press Start, type Color Management, from the scroll down select printer you want to use. Check "Use my settings for this device"
Click "Add". A list of profiles will appear. If your profile is not there, click on browse and load it directly from files location. Close, restart PS if necessary, your profile will appear in PS print dialogue, mine appears

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved it myself, however I found quite a few of these questions unanswered online so I am going to leave this here for posterity.
In Win10:
Press Start, type Color Management, from the scroll down select printer you want to use. Check "Use my settings for this device"
Click "Add". A list of profiles will appear. If your profile is not there, click on browse and load it directly from files location. Close, restart PS if necessary, your profile will appear in PS print dialogue, mine appears on top, skipping alphabetical order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that's a very good idea. That sets a default profile for the printer, yes, but if you print with a different paper you can't use that. It will also probably mess up "printer manages color", which expects sRGB or Adobe RGB.

I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of the secondary profiles folder is. This is located at Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Adobe > Color > Profiles. These are the profiles that appear at the top of list, with a subfolder called "recommended" which appears as a separate section. Are these profiles put there by the application installer, or does it copy them there from the main profiles folder at system32 > spool > drivers > color? I don't know.

It might be worth a try to copy the profile over manually (from system32 to Common Files).

In any case, it seems that there should be a browse function in the Print dialog. I don't know why there isn't (there is in Lightroom BTW).

Oh - and one more thing: these profile lists can be a mile long. Make sure you scroll all the way down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thing to add.

Where were you looking in Photoshop for the profile (i.e. in which dialogue)? The printer dialogue does not show every profile that can be seen in "proof colors" or "assign/convert to profile" dialogues. On what basis Photoshop decides whether to show a profile in the printer dialogue I don't know.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, profile type I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have assigned profiles a million times, but i'm now using a new profiling software and when i place the new profiles in the correct location, and then go and try to assign an image that profile, it doesn't show in the drop down menu.  Yes i've tried restarting, yada yada yada, but it is still not showing up.  I'm running on a windows VM on a server, but am using mac to make the profiling software.  Any idea why this is happening??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

can you convert to the profile you mention? just not assign?

is the profile the same type as the image, i.e. CMYK/ RGB ?

you SURE its in the right folder

whats the new software?

what type of profile is it? printer? scanner/ camera?

mac or windows?

if yes to all the above then try Colorthink's profile medic, maybe its malformed

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I am not new to photoshop, but my use has been limited.  My last version was CS2.  My hard drive went south, and I was forced to upgrade my system.  Old system was Windows 7 CS2, and an epson 3880 Pro Printer.  New system is Windows 10 Adobe Photoshop 2020 and still the Epson 3880.  I have Loaded the correct drivers, (more than once) Installed the correct profiles.  Profiles show just fine in Print settings.  The prints come out darker and with less color saturation.  I have been on the phone for hours with Adobe, Dell, Microsoft, and have had my printer serviced by Printer Repair Depot of San Diego.  Still the same results.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines