• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Application Manager!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  My CS6 64 bit Fails to open either directly from the app, or when I click on a file and instruct to open with. The error message says that I need application manager to fix and invites download. I am taken to creative cloud desktop that invites me to download a trial. Is this something that I will have to pay for? I am happy with CS6 which stretches my capabilities so do not want an upgrade. Can anyone advise how I can recover my favourite programme

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Do not install a trial of Creative cloud that it has a version of CS6 that can mess up your perpetual CS6.  There are three current version of CS6: Perpetual Mac version 13.0.6,  Perpetual Windows version 13.0.1.3 and Creative Cloud version 13.1.2 there as some differences between versions.   My advice to you would be to install CS6 over you current install.  That should back level you to version 13.0 which is very unstable and buggy.  You then need to download and install the latest CS6 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not install a trial of Creative cloud that it has a version of CS6 that can mess up your perpetual CS6.  There are three current version of CS6: Perpetual Mac version 13.0.6,  Perpetual Windows version 13.0.1.3 and Creative Cloud version 13.1.2 there as some differences between versions.   My advice to you would be to install CS6 over you current install.  That should back level you to version 13.0 which is very unstable and buggy.  You then need to download and install the latest CS6 Update. and ACR 9.1.1

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh

Camera Raw plug-in installer

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. windows 10, latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try what I wrote. Do not uninstall or run adobe cleaner.  CS6 should install activeted and after you update the back leveled CS6 you should still have all your add-ons and preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry for delay in getting back. I had already creative cloud! I tried to uninstall it, but was refused, saying Photoshop needed it. I restored to an  early point, ie before download, which also removed some MS files. When I tried to run Photoshop, I had returned to the original problem, whereby I was told that I needed application manager! I  uninstalled  and reinstalled the entire Master Collection - what a pain, but now everything is fine. (the MS files were also reinstalled).I'm just not sure what had happened that made the programme suddenly decide that I needed application manager or creative cloud.

Much thanks for your explanation and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud has a version of CS6 that is different from perpetual CS6.  Creative cloud CS6 is version 13.1.2 where the perpetual versions are Version 13.0.6 Mac and Version 13.0.1.3 Windows.   The creative cloud version supports Mac and Windows and the extended CS6 features and requires a subscription.  The Perpetual version are platform dependent and extended features are enable if your perpetual serial is for CS6 extended.

So if have installed CC and want to revert back to CS6 Perpetual.  I think it would be best to uninstall all of Adobe Creative Cloud Software download and run Adobe cleaner to remove all traces of Adobe software then install you Perpetual CS6. You will need your perpetual serial to install and activate CS6.  You also must Update CS6 after that and install your CS6 add-ons Plug-in, Action, Scripts brushes etc.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

I have saved your advice for future reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines