• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS5 From Windows to Mac?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I bought CS5 Extended for Windows some years back but when Windows 10 was thrust upon me and it drove me to distraction I decided to to get an iMac. However, I really miss my CS5 and wondered if anyone can advise what I would need to do to change my version for a Mac version?

THXS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Hello denisem62721688​! If you have CS5 License for Windows, you might be able to upgrade it for a Mac version, but I'm not sure, you can see more here Exchange a product for a different language or platform version . But the best thing is to see if you can still buy/upgrade the license, it's better to Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello denisem62721688​! If you have CS5 License for Windows, you might be able to upgrade it for a Mac version, but I'm not sure, you can see more here Exchange a product for a different language or platform version . But the best thing is to see if you can still buy/upgrade the license, it's better to Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exchanges are only available for the current version. So they are discontinued, since Creative Cloud has free platform swaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I contacted Customer Services as per other advice and they confirmed it was not possible for CS5. Looks like I'll have to put it on eBay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt you'll get much for it. It's not upgradeable, and pretty soon (if not already) it will stop working on new OSes. In fact it most likely wouldn't have worked on your new iMac even if you could get the switch.

Software doesn't age with grace. It relies on a whole ecosystem that has kept moving on. If you want to use old software like CS5, you really need to deep-freeze your whole system at that point in time.

Aside from that, you need to fill out a transfer of ownership and send that to Adobe, to keep the license legal for the new user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines