• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a simple button in Animate similar to an Edge Animate button?

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've successfully created buttons with Adobe Edge Animate and published to .oam. The button changes with 'mouseover' and 'mousedown'. On 'mousedown' the audio file plays. Moving the mouse away and it reverts to the initial state. I import the .oam into Muse, and everything works as expected in Safari. I even attach an .ogg audio file as well as the .mp3.

Unfortunately Edge Animate struggles to work with the latest versions of Mac OS, so I've tried to replicate the same button and states in Adobe Animate.

The default for making a button creates 4 states 'Up', 'Over', 'Down' and 'Hit'. I've successfully added the audio and published to .oam, imported into Muse and reviewed in Safari. The result is a button that changes colour with over and down, plays the audio but doesn't change colour when I move the mouse out. If I click the button several times it plays the audio several times.

I tried importing a graphic to the timeline and adding code snippets to successive keyframes. The button looked ok in Muse, but the preview in Safari was totally blank.

I'm sure there must be a simple solution, and I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

I think I've stumbled across the solution. I tried again creating the button just using a coloured square and didn't import images for Up, Over and Down states. Added the audio to Down and tested in the browser – success! This time I imported my speaker icons an png files not jpg, and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've stumbled across the solution. I tried again creating the button just using a coloured square and didn't import images for Up, Over and Down states. Added the audio to Down and tested in the browser – success! This time I imported my speaker icons an png files not jpg, and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, oh! Wasn't happy for long! Now I've discovered that Muse won't successfully export the .oam to .html. Why? It used to work perfectly. I've tried my files from 3–4 years ago, and tried exporting from Muse to .html – now they don't work either! I feel we're moving backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines