• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Import

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've searched the forums but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe someone will be kind and answer my question? I use a USB 3 cable to import images from my camera to LR on my PC. In the camera, I have an XQD card (backup) as well as an SD card (primary). On the one occasion I tried importing with both cards in the camera, LR imported all the images from both cards resulting in duplicates. Since then, I have been taking the XQD card out of the camera before importing, but that seems unnecessary. Is there a way to tell LR to only look at one of the cards in the camera? Or should I rather direct it towards the appropriate folder in file manager? (just thought of that while I was typing!) OR..  Would checking  "don't import suspected duplicates" in LR under File Handling work? If anyone can suggest the best solution, please let me know. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Card Reader is always the preferred solution for Lightroom importing.

Is it necessary that you connect directly to the camera? When connecting with a cable direct to camera, Lightroom will see the camera as a single device instead of two cards. Removing one card is an option as is checking the Do Not Import Suspected Duplicates box. I normally always have the box checked so that would be my recommendation if you can't use a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant. That's really helpful - thanks so much. My card reader became unstable so I bought the USB cable. Meanwhile my wife gave me the XQD card AND a USB 3 card reader in December and I've never used it! What a twit. So...before I embarrass myself further, I'll change the XQD to primary, the SD to backup (it's a nice fast one) and then import off the XQD with the card reader. I'll also check the Do Not Import Suspected Duplicates. Thanks again for the help. Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines