New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product: Lightroom Classic CC (LR7.1)

RAM: 32 Gb

CPU: AMD FX-8370, 8-core, 4000 MHz

Video: ATI Radeon RX 470

I recently upgraded to the latest Lightroom Classic CC and processed some new photos.  All seemed well.  When exiting LR, I allowed the software to make the backup.

Today, when trying to enter Lightroom to edit a particular photo, I received the following error notice:

After choosing the Repair Catalog, I receive the following error notice:

I have plenty of disk space; on the particular volume for my photos, only 138 Gb are used of 509 Gb.

I renamed the .lrcat file, then copied the backup .lrcat from the .zip archive to the default directory location where Lightroom expects to find it.  Restarted Lightroom, and receive the same errors.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamullinstx,

Could you share this catalog with us so that we can try repairing it at our end?

If the catalog got corrupt, it might or might not work but we can still give it a try.

You can share the catalog with me in the personal message, try uploading it on Creative Cloud then share the link with me.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to .lrcat sent via PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck correcting that corrupt .lrcat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, we're sorry but we've tried repairing it, however, the catalog seems to be a lot smaller in size after the repair, would you mind uploading it on a different cloud service and sharing it with us via DM again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I can put a copy in my Dropbox account and send the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

You helped me with this issue several months ago. Unfortunately, it has happened, again. I now have a corrupt .lrcat that Lightroom is unable to repair. Can I upload, again, to Dropbox and share the link with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please send a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

I sent the PM last week with the Dropbox link to the .lrcat files. Were you able to download & examine?

Best regards,

Tony Mullins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sahil,

Bump to the top. Have you been able to download the .lrcat and attempt recovery? I'm dead in the water, here.

Best regards,

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines