Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop stolen, how to cancel CS6 and put on new computer

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Laptop stolen 2 months ago, got on adobe chat, told to just go to my account and deactivate it. That will deactivate it from the computer im on...i want to do an install on another computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Darrellg77128108 I am sorry for the confusion but there is not a method for deactivating an already activated copy of Creative Suite 6.  If you exceed the number of allowable activations then please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care as suggested by John.

For more details on how Creative Suite activations work please see Activate and deactivate Adobe products .

It is frustrating to have a stolen computer. To reinstall Creative Suite 6 on the new computer please see the following lin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a non-functioning (stolen) computer and can't deactivate a serial number

BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT

Adobe ID and registration support (non-CC) http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-c1.html

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2433672 to download program installers

-you will need to enter your original serial number during install for non-Cloud programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand these replies, I'm being shown how to install?

I have been going around in circles with dozens of windows opening as I try to search for deactivation assistance, chat is too busy, and the phone number for NZ doesn't work. Does anyone have information for deactivation of a computer I don't have. Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darrellg77128108 I am sorry for the confusion but there is not a method for deactivating an already activated copy of Creative Suite 6.  If you exceed the number of allowable activations then please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care as suggested by John.

For more details on how Creative Suite activations work please see Activate and deactivate Adobe products .

It is frustrating to have a stolen computer. To reinstall Creative Suite 6 on the new computer please see the following links:

1. Find your serial number
  2. Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

In addition, Darrellg77128108 , I would recommend reviewing How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications which discusses the reinstallation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines