• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blotchy and pixelated

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues all of a sudden (in LR4) when dodging/burning or using grads (to darken). This was never an issue until recently. When I drag a grad down to darken, the selected area gets blotchy and pixelated, and darkens more way than normal. When I export the same image and open it up in Preview, the issues aren't there. Just in LR. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures so we can see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.02.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would say that counts as "blotchy and pixelated". Excellent description!

I am guessing that this has something to do with High Sierra. But emphasis on the word "guess". If you can roll back your operating system to Sierra, you might want to try that. Otherwise, you could download the 7 day trial of LR 6.14 and see if the problem goes away using the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a smart one. Thank you. I just did the upgrade to High Sierra and didn't even think about that connection!

I will do that. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even do anything to this image. It just looks like that in LR. In the darker spots primarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines