• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error code 86:1

May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys

I'm having an issue here importing into after effects. There are a bunch of clips I need to work on and they are ALL mov files with the same codecs: linear PCM and apple prores 422 HQ. The issue is that I can import some of the files I need to work on, and the rest display the import error that the file is in an unsupported format. The clips run on quicktime just fine and preview and everything just fine. The communication between quicktime and after effects is intact and not corrupt. I've also run the adobe updater and all of my adobe prodcuts are up to date (I'm running cs5). The same problem happened when I tried to open the file in premiere. What confuses me is that some of the clips, with the exact same codec and file type, import while others don't.

I am somewhat on a deadline so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rebooting?

What, exact, version of AE are you running?

What OS?

What are your system specs?

On what sort of hard drive do these files reside?

What, exact, version of Quicktime do you have?

Have you installed any codec packs (k-lite, etc.)? (DON'T do this, btw.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rebooted the computer, I'm running it on a Mac osx, version 10.6.8, quicktime is version 10.0, and as I said before it's cs5. The file is on a 2tb g drive and no codec packs are installed. Again, the puzzling part is that some work and some don't when they are all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try importing them one at a time to find the true culprits.  Then I would just re-export them from MPEG Streamclip and try to import them into AE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the files contain multiple audio tracks? Additional comment tracks? FCP embeds a lot of data - if you let it. This could throw things out of whack...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was already importing them one at a time. And the clips are video only, they had a recorder on set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they had a recorder on set.

Do a search on the forum. "Recorder" strikes a familiar tone. Several of those ProRes recorders produce incompatible ProRes. This is a known issue. This would be one such example.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

j.lee32 wrote:

I'm running it on a Mac osx, version 10.6.8, quicktime is version 10.0, and as I said before it's cs5.

Ah, there's your problem: that God-Awful Quicktime X!  That piece of junk has never worked properly.  I'm not sure how to completely uninstall this Application From Hell on a Mac, but that's what you have to do.  Do not cut corners by dragging it to the trash -- find out how to completely eliminate it.

Then you have to replace it with the most current version of QT 7.  If you happen to have Final Cut Suite, it's on the installation disks.  Once installed, life should then be good again.

Now, if you DON'T have FCP, you can only READ certain codecs in the ProRes family; you can't write to them.  This stinks, but you can still render lossless QT movies that will even support alpha channels by using the PNG codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Dave's recommendation on Quicktime X. Remove it as completely as possible and grab the latest Quicktime 7 from Apple's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've installed quicktime 7 pro, however from everything I've read, there is no real way to uninstall or remove quicktime x. The key problem here is the difference between quicktime and quicktime player. I can delete the quicktime x player by simply dragging the icon into the trash and emptying the trash. However, quicktime x will still be existant on my computer. If this sounds wrong to anyone let me know.

Back to the problem though, even with quicktime 7pro installed I still can't import the files.

Mylenium: When I said a "recorder" I mean there was a sound device with microphones, meaning we're going to sync later in the process. But I see now that what you meant was a samurai, and yes, we were using a samurai, which is why the footage is already converted to prores. That forum was helpful but only to a point. I'm not sure if it's the exact same problem because I can't open the footage in premiere, which supposedly fixed this bug. It also seems unlikely that I don't have a prores decoder installed on my computer since I have fcpx installed, and again, most of the files are able to import while these select few for some reason can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

j.lee32 wrote:

So I've installed quicktime 7 pro, however from everything I've read, there is no real way to uninstall or remove quicktime x. The key problem here is the difference between quicktime and quicktime player. I can delete the quicktime x player by simply dragging the icon into the trash and emptying the trash. However, quicktime x will still be existant on my computer. If this sounds wrong to anyone let me know.

I don't know personally, but I started a thread with people who ought to know: the Final Cut Pro forum on the Creative Cow.  Here's a link to the thread, and there should soon be responses:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1158168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

j.lee32 wrote:

I can delete the quicktime x player by simply dragging the icon into the trash and emptying the trash. However, quicktime x will still be existant on my computer. If this sounds wrong to anyone let me know.

Here's your answer: find the FCPX application file, wherever it is. Zip & archive it.  Drag the application file to the trash & flush.  Upon restart, only QT 7 will be seen, and you should be good to go.

If for some bizarre reason you need QTX in the future, you can unzip it.

This is from Shane Ross, a pro editor and a guy who knows his FCP stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some issues here guys. Installed quicktime 7 pro, deleted quicktime x per the above post, and still nothing. I cannot import a few of the files into after effects, premiere, or the media encoder and I have absolutely no clue why. All I get are error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you ignored my suggestion to re-export to ProRes HQ from MPEG Streamclip or at least I didn't hear back.  If you refuse to do that, then at least export them to image sequences (TIFF) from Quictime 7 Pro.  AE will sure be able to read those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was given a bunch of .mov clips to do effects work on. These clips have never been edited nor exported. I didn't run them through fcp or any other program and had them formatted. As far as I know, the only time they were converted into .mov files was when they were recorded with the samurai. Those raw clips (without audio) were given to me to do effects work on. Some of the files import, others don't. I have no way to convert them to a tif or mpeg, they won't even load into media encoder. So unless I've missed something, I have no way to re-export these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The clips run on quicktime just fine and preview and everything just fine."

I thought you said that they open in Quicktime okay??  Open it in quicktime 7 PRO and go to File > Export > Movie to Image Sequence, choose TIFF.  Choose a new folder because every single frame will export into a separate image file.  After Effects will interpret all of the files to be a movie sequence.

If they open in Quicktime, they might also open in MPEG Streamclip.  MPEG Streamclip is one of the best encoders out there--and it's FREE.  It even does batch encoding.  MPEG Streamclip is a misnomer because it does way more than export streaming mpeg files.  You can export same-quality ProRes HQ .mov files.  If you go this route you have a better chance of staying in ProRes HQ format.  It might wrap it up better than other programs.

Here's a link to download: http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

It's also very good at solving problems like yours.  My best guess is the recorder didn't "terminate" the Quicktime correctly so Adobe products won't recognize them.

When I have corrupt files that won't work in some programs, but will work in others, the first thing I do is export to the same format then if that doesn't work I try a different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

has anyone solved the 86:1 error? im helpless!!!

cant import jpg png.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines