• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to represent trifold in digital portfolio?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in Indesign I have created a 2-page file, letter size in landscape orientation, which makes up the front and back of a trifold flyer when it is printed.

https://eclipsecoms.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/si_nuan_e28093_private_chef_and_catering_services_-_...

I'm wondering if there is a cool way to represent this in an online digital portfolio. A way to export the file so it turns into a 3D representation of a partially folded double-sided flyer(?) or interactive trifold that you can open and flip through??

Not sure if this is even possible directly from InDesign or other CC software. Working with an all apps plan.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eclipsecoms,

There are some paid online tools out there that convert your design to HTML5 in order to make it interactive in a browser, but I don't know of any way to easily do it with CC software. I suppose it depends on how much time you want to spend and whether you care to delve into a visual effects editor. Alas, there is no quick and magic export... at least that I'm aware of.

That said, it's not difficult to use CC apps to make a pretty convincing static mock up, which is what most designers do. You can use Photoshop (or Illustrator; InDesign is for flat layouts) to add perspective and shading. If you really want to get fancy, you can use 3D tools to make the brochure truly convincing. One of the community members does a good job laying out both possibilities here: Brochure template design.

Does that help or were you looking for something else? I'm not sure because I can't view your link, so I can't see what you're working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DelphiZoa, I looked through the thread you linked to regarding the mockup. That is more or less what I wanted to do so it was a very helpful suggestion. I didn't find that when I looked through the forum before posting my question.  Hopefully, now I can actually do it. .

Would be interested to know specifically what paid online tools you refer to in regards to HTML5 interactive model, that is, if its appropriate to name names here.

Thanks again. Sorry the link didn't work, not sure what happened there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use them myself, so I can't speak to how well they work and whether it's worth it, but things like FlipBuilder.com. There are a lot of other flip book sites as well, but I think most of them are focused on traditional page turning rather than accordion-style folding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people are sophisticated enough to know what a double sided flyer looks like.  I wouldn't  overthink this too much.   Sometimes, less is more.   See example.

IMO, you can get the job done in Photoshop with drop shadows and simulated fold lines. 

Export image as a web optimized JPG and post it on your Adobe Portfolio/Behance site.

Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! What you've got there looks great! Drop shadow is straightforward, never tried simulated fold lines. I'll see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines