• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print from Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My printer is working, but I can't print from Adobe Reader.  When I try to print something from Adobe Reader, the print queue comes up empty.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

I had the exact same problem. I would try to print from Adobe Reader and it wouldn't print. Nothing showed up in the print queue. I could print from other software programs.

Turns out the problem was due to malware on my computer. I used Malwarebytes to detect and quarantine the malware. Then I was able to print!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried all of the troubleshooting steps here: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything.  Before I downloaded the latest Adobe Reader, my pdf bank statements would be automatically changed into documents and I could print them.  I did that only about a week or a week and a half ago.  Now, these same documents are not available to print.  I would like  to get my old version of Adobe back but I can't seem to find one.  Contact you is close to impossible.  I may have to try another reader if I can't print my bank statements.  I refuse to pay for this service as I only use it once a month.  If necessary, I'll just go non-green and have the bank send me the statements.  Very, very, very frustrating evening trying to find answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kathleen, Thomas,

The aim for Acrobat Reader is to read and print documents. You do not need to pay for it.

If you are referring to the same problem on the same computer, please keep answering with one id. It's easier to follow-up. In the case you are referring to 2 distinct problems, please answer each one for his configuration.

To be able to help you, we would need some information:

• Your OS and version
  • Acrobat version (Help->about)
  • your printer and connection (USB, Wifi, network)
  • any error message you got
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo,

Thank you.  My problem is not related to Kathleen's problem (different computers).

Several days ago, when I tried to print two different PDF files, I received printing error messages stating that a particular file could not be opened.  I failed to copy the error message (my mistake), but the file included the word private and one or two other words, followed by several numbers.  Each printing error message had the same words but different numbers.  I tried to print a different PDF file yesterday, and received the same error message (different numbers).  So I deleted Acrobat Reader from my laptop and installed a new version of Acrobat Reader.  I also uninstalled my printer from my laptop and reinstalled it.  Now, when I try to print a PDF file, nothing happens after I hit the PRINT button.  When I go to the print queue, there is nothing there.  Note, I have no problems printing from other files; just PDF files from Adobe Reader.

I have a MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra version 10.13.2 (latest version).

The Acrobat Reader is version 18.009.20050 (latest version, just updated).

The printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710.  It is less than one year old.  It is connected through WiFi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about printing from my computer only. I am running Windows 10 and have installed Acrobat Reader DC. I have tried printing to my HP 4500 Envy wireless. I had no problems with this configuration last week. I just get an error message with no other information. I am able to print other items to this printer. I checked just to make sure there wasn’t an issue with the printer or the connection. My bank statement has always been a pdf but this is the first time I have had a problem. For your information, I talked with a friend who is having the same problem this week who didn’t have it last week.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still unable to print pdf files and have not heard any further word on

this situation. This is very, very frustrating. Are we ever going to get

a solution to this problem? Are you working on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathleen,

Sorry for my delay in responding. I have been traveling.

Nothing has changed for me. I am still unable to print a pdf file. I have had no input from anyone in almost two weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this one:

Add the printer again to create a new printer queue

If the printer is on the network, open Printers & Scanners preferences (choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners). Then, add the printer again to create a new printer queue

If you can print to the newly added printer queue, delete the old printer queue.

If you can’t add the printer because it doesn’t appear in the list of available printers, it may be turned off, or your Mac may be on different network now. If the printer was shared by another user, the user may have stopped sharing it, or the user’s Mac may be offline. If you don’t manage the printer, ask the person who does for help. 

(source: OS X El Capitan: Printing troubleshooting )

I can't tell if that works for your OS version as I'm not a Mac guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I sometimes answer from my iPhone, my computer is a pc running Windows 10 and I use a WiFi connected HP 4500.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this when I am on my computer next time. If this doesn’t work, I will call in a service person to make sure the problem isn’t with my computer. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer to Thomas was OSX specific.

Try "Print as image".

If that does not work, uninstall your printer. Download the printer's software (again) from the HP service web site and install that software. Until now, this solves my problems with HP printers on Windows systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the "Print as image"?

The problem I had with HP printers was having installed "ghost" printers. Sometimes they worked, then I needed to delete them and to install the drivers of the printer from scratch. I always downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site and reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It didn’t work

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomasc41230242​ , kathleenf94602011​,

In addition to the suggestions Abambo has mentioned above, could you please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- If you have any other printer that has more than or equal to 10 characters in the printer name, make that as the default printer and try again.

2- If you have only one printer: note down the properties (IP/hostname etc. ) of the printer and delete the printer from your list of printers.

Again add the same printer to your printer list. Please make sure you change the printer name to something more than 10 characters while adding it.

3- If that doesn't resolve the issue, try removing Reader using cleaner tool which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , reboot the machine, install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution 

Reboot the machine and try printing again.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered same problem on my windows machine and solved it by following these steps:

1) Go to Printers & Scanner

2) Scroll down and you should be able to see "Let Windows manage my default printer" , uncheck it.

3) Add/Choose the printer make it default.

4) Print your docs, it should be able to go to your printer's queue.

5) Thank me later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. timely help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem. I would try to print from Adobe Reader and it wouldn't print. Nothing showed up in the print queue. I could print from other software programs.

Turns out the problem was due to malware on my computer. I used Malwarebytes to detect and quarantine the malware. Then I was able to print!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but this doesn't resolve the issue for those without viruses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I,ve had a aimilar problem,when printing my TV license. It did print, but only the white text on a blue background I overcame this by using SNIP to select a partial rectangular screen shot and printing from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK- had the same issue but if I open it through a browser (I used Chrome) it can actually print. I think there might be something wrong with my version of Adobe DC that it's not allowing me to print from it. 

Hope this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having a similar issue.

On a Windows 10 Machine, I have not been able to print my pdf files from Acrobat Reader OR DC, and I assumed the network printer was not working.  A couple days ago i tried printing from my Chrome web browser and it worked.  I tried printing directly from my Indesign document and it worked.  I tried printing from Photoshop and it worked...etc....

I uninstalled acrobat, rebooted, reinstalled and still there seems to be no communication once I hit the print button.

Even stranger, under the page setup, I can't get the preview image to show 11x17 paper, no matter how many times I adjust the properties/page setup.  (Need I even mention during all this time my windows say (Not Responding) and freeze up through the process.  It takes 20 minutes just to try and print from Acrobat, and I am on a pretty powerful design workstation.

I have had to install Microsoft Edge browser just so I can use that to print my PDF files without any problem and it works just fine, so it is only Acrobat that will not print.

I've tried everything, including resetting the preferences and uninstalling and reoinstalling several times.  I have a feeling the most recent windows update I ran is part of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines