• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Photoshop Fail

Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost too bad to be believable, but the people involved say it is for real.

Family Can’t Believe Their Eyes After Their Professional Photographer Shows Them Their Photos | Bore...

The family basically paid a 'professional' photographer $250 to take some family portraits, which turned out to be what they considered ruined by shadows on the faces

When challenged, the photographer said that 'Her professor had not taught her how to retouch photos'.  Eight months, and countless YouTube tutorials later, the photographer supplied these 'improved' images.

Check out the Bored Panda link above for lots more nightmare inducing retouched pictures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That must be a joke, surely.......mustn't it?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be real Dave

https://www.facebook.com/pam.richardcoones

The family are being incredibly good sports about it, which is commendable. All too often a situation like this would result in the Photographer being sued for her house, car, and 50% of her earnings for the rest of her life.  People can be unbelievably cruel.

It didn't take long for the Memes to appear.  And pretty funny as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I think the typography is as bad as the image there People always make jokes about Comic Sans, but Impact is much, much worse. And what's with the outlining? yeeech...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Actually I think the typography is as bad as the image there People always make jokes about Comic Sans, but Impact is much, much worse. And what's with the outlining? yeeech...

Memes have always been like that, D. The font looks off here, though. Impact doesn't look like that when I use it.  >.>

As to the original story, I'm laughing so hard. (Everyone should go to the link to see more images of comedy-horror.) Seriously, I'm an enthusiast and I know never to shoot a portrait in direct sun. Either go to an area where there's shade or use a diffuser off-camera. lol

ON EDIT: Other solutions: Fill flash, reflector...so that's now four solutions I could think of.  xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to have doubts about its veracity now.  After looking in to who the photographer was, (Lesa Hall Photography) and finding talk of lawyers and accusations of it being a marketing ploy, it is looking more and more like 'fake news'.  Indeed, if you check Lesa's Facebook page (the above hyperlink), she is not wasting the opportunity to monetarise  her fifteen minutes of fame, and at the very least laugh it off as a deliberate joke.

She'll probably get a nice hand out from SnapChat so they can build the look into their funny faces app, and she is actually talking about running workshops on how to create her 'look'.

Woah. Hold on.  A bit more reading and it now looks I was taken in by a fake Facebook account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dag, horses for courses.  I suspect that most fonts are designed with a particular use in mind, although Impact came into being well before we had the Internet, yet alone memes.  Sites like Fonts-in-Use are interesting and present a view about where a particular font would work.  I use Comic variations in speech bubbles when the context is right, and I would never be influenced by what the hordes consider to be a bad font.

Mind you, I have always hated Impact.  It's condensed to within an inch of its life, and then the memers add an outside stroke that turns counters into black lines.  But that's how it works best IMHO.  I have reduced kerning to -10 here, because it looks horible when you have white space between the characters in this case.   It works better still when you make the Type layer into a Shape so you can have sharp corners on the stroke.

The funny thing it, I am looking at the words below, and my mind is telling me that this so right for memes — although I believe they use all upper case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, they truly believed they hired a professional so I am sorry for the family. And I hope they got their money back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I saw that on FB. Pretty bad if it's true!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very crappy, but it's good for new memes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess she seen the article about the old woman that touched up the fresco and mistook it for a tutorial

Elderly woman destroys 19th-century fresco with DIY restoration - Telegraph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines